4 get death in Rupa murder case
Published : 12 Feb 2018, 11:33
Four transport workers were awarded death penalty in a case filed for killing law student Rupa Khatun after rape in a moving bus in Tangail.
On August 25, police recovered an unidentified body of a woman near Tangail-Mymensingh road in Tangail's Madhupur. Following an autopsy, the body was buried at the Tangail central graveyard the next day. A murder case was filed with Madhupur Police Station.
The next day, law enforcers picked up five employees of the bus at Madhupur. The arrestees during interrogation admitted their involvement in the crime, police sources said.
The Senior Judicial Magistrate's Court in Tangail on August 29 and 30 recorded confessional statements of the arrestees and sent them to jail.
Following a court order, police on August 31 exhumed Rupa's body and handed it over to her family. The victim was later buried at her village in Sirajganj's Tarash upazila.
- Most viewed
- Rickshaw drivers protest Kathua and Unnao rapes
- Rana Plaza was a man-made disaster: Rushanara Ali
- Cooper, Gaga’s pact for ‘A Star Is Born’
- A four day Baul and Vaishnav music festival will begin on 28 April in East London
- Abducted minor girl rescued from Cox’s Bazar, 2 held
- Rape accused killed in Chattogram ‘gunfight’
- Sania Mirza, Shoaib Malik expecting first child
- Hasina to receive global women leadership award
- ‘Dead’ baby finally dies
- Queen tips Prince Charles to follow her as Commonwealth head
- PM returns home from London
- PM calls for Commonwealth’s comprehensive reform
- 3 resident students of DU hall brought back
- Amorous couples, sex workers whipped in Indonesia's Aceh
- PM exchanges greetings with British Queen
- Ostrich chicks, gold ornaments seized in Satkhira
- Husband kills wife for dowry
- Science Says: Amount of straws, plastic pollution is huge