College girl commits ‘suicide’ in Jessore
Published : 24 Feb 2018, 12:58
A female college student allegedly committed suicide by hanging herself from the ceiling of her room at Fatepur village in Chaugachha upazila on Friday noon.
The deceased, Pryia,17, was daughter of Tabibur Rahman of the village, who was a eleventh grade student of SM Habibur Rahman College in the municipality.
Local people said, Pryia hanged at around 12.30 and was taken to Chougacha Hospital where duty doctor declared her dead.
Principal of the college Mozammel Haque said, Pryia was supposed to join the college’s study tour scheduled on Saturday.
- Most viewed
- Amaranth Walnut Salad Recipe
- Teenager held for ‘raping’ Sunamganj minor girl
- Power generation sets new record; crosses 10,000 MW
- Woman found dead in Narsingdi
- 2 years of Tonu murder: Protesters demand justice
- Bangladesh's graduation to developing country a slap to critics: PM
- 16-year-old Mitu first Bangladeshi girl to cross Bangla Channel
- Profile: Bangadeshis killed in US-Bangla plane crash
- 20 March Deaths
- FBHRO starts its journey
- Govt declares mourning day today
- Jacqueline Fernandez gets into Madhuri Dixit mode
- Schoolgirl stabbed in Chapainawabganj
- First injured Bangladeshi victim of Nepal plane crash brought to Dhaka
- Bangabandhu's 99th birthday being celebrated
- Tasmania elects majority of women in Australia state first
- Checking early marriage to protect kids from malnutrition: Dr Shirin
- Barbecued Lamb with Mashed Potatoes Recipe