College girl commits ‘suicide’ in Jessore
Published : 24 Feb 2018, 12:58
A female college student allegedly committed suicide by hanging herself from the ceiling of her room at Fatepur village in Chaugachha upazila on Friday noon.
The deceased, Pryia,17, was daughter of Tabibur Rahman of the village, who was a eleventh grade student of SM Habibur Rahman College in the municipality.
Local people said, Pryia hanged at around 12.30 and was taken to Chougacha Hospital where duty doctor declared her dead.
Principal of the college Mozammel Haque said, Pryia was supposed to join the college’s study tour scheduled on Saturday.
- Most viewed
- So, does Priyanka's mommy approve of rumoured boyfriend Nick
- Burgener wraps up visit to Myanmar; underlines accountability
- Hundreds of women march in Rio to demand legal abortion
- Blame to go to AL grassroots leaders if it fails to win next polls: PM
- Parted at US border by Trump policy, migrants seek their children
- AL Anniversary: PM pays homage to Bangabandhu
- 23 June Births
- 23 June Deaths
- 23 June Events
- Chicago lawyers walk in heels to end sexual assault
- AL announced a reception on July 21 for PM
- 68.5m people displaced worldwide: UN
- Keep it up, PM to women cricketers
- Tonu Killing: CID to get suspects’ DNA reports next week
- New Zealand PM gives birth to baby girl
- WB should support national priority of a country, WB ED tells PM
- ‘Amar Sonar Bangla’ now in Belarusian language
- UK's May defeats Brexit rebels, but divisions still reign