College girl commits ‘suicide’ in Jessore
Published : 24 Feb 2018, 12:58
A female college student allegedly committed suicide by hanging herself from the ceiling of her room at Fatepur village in Chaugachha upazila on Friday noon.
The deceased, Pryia,17, was daughter of Tabibur Rahman of the village, who was a eleventh grade student of SM Habibur Rahman College in the municipality.
Local people said, Pryia hanged at around 12.30 and was taken to Chougacha Hospital where duty doctor declared her dead.
Principal of the college Mozammel Haque said, Pryia was supposed to join the college’s study tour scheduled on Saturday.
- Most viewed
- Seven-day skin care routine for lovely looks
- Hasina, Modi inaugurate Bangladesh-India oil pipeline
- Emmys full of surprises, 'Marvelous Mrs. Maisel' dominates
- 18 September Events
- 18 September Births
- 18 September Deaths
- PM leaves for London Friday en route to NY to join 73rd UNGA
- PM unveils ‘World Skills Bangladesh’ logo
- Hasina, Modi to open Bangladesh-India oil pipeline today
- 14 September Births
- Country is marching forward: Sheikh Hasina
- Dhaka University admission tests begin today
- 6 female activists of Jamaat held in Bogura
- 14 September Deaths
- 14 September Events
- Instagram rolls out new feature to help users with drug issues
- Women should be proud of their beauty: Jhanvi Kapoor
- Halle Berry to make directorial debut with bruised