3 sent to jail over gang-raping physician in Faridpur
Published : 26 Feb 2018, 12:53
A Rajbari court on Sunday sent three alleged rapists to jail for gang-raping a young physician in Basantapur area of the district, rejecting their bail petitions.
The convicted are Rana Mollah, 24, Hannan Sardar, 26, residents of Mojlishpur village in Basantapur union of Rajbari sadar and Mamun Mollah, 20, a resident of Dattapara village.
The female doctor was allegedly gang-raped by six to seven people in Basantapur area in Rajbari sadar on Friday night.
Later, she informed the matter to Rapid Action Battalion (Rab) in Faridpur on Saturday morning and filed a case with Rajbari Sadar Police Station on Sunday.
According to the case statement, the girl was going to Shibrampur of Faridpur from Goalando of Rajbari around 7pm on Friday by an easy-bike.
When it reached Basantapur area, Mamun, driver of the easy-bike, and his two associates, dragged her out from the vehicle and took her to a nearby bush.
Later, they violated her one after another and called their three to four other associates over phone and they also violated her.
Locals rushed in hearing the scream of the girl and rescued her but the culprits fled away.
Later, a team of Rab-8, in a drive, arrested the trio from Basantapur Bazar on Saturday noon on charge of raping the doctor.
During primary interrogation, they all confessed their involvement in the incident, said additional superintendent Md Rois Uddin, commanding officer of Rab-8 Faridpur camp.
The victim was taken to Rajbari Sadar Hospital.
Three accused were produced before the Rajbari court and the court handed down the order, said Kamal Hossain Bhuiyan, officer-in-charge of Rajbari Sadar Police Station.
- Most viewed
- Jacqueline Fernandez gets into Madhuri Dixit mode
- Spring cleaning for your home – literally!
- Bangladesh eligible for LDC graduation
- Govt efforts helped BD attain criteria to graduate from LDC: PM
- Lawyers file to prosecute Suu Kyi for crimes against humanity
- PM pays tribute to Bangabandhu on his birthday
- Bangabandhu's 99th birthday being celebrated
- 17 March Deaths
- 17 March Births
- At least 50 dead in US Bangla aircraft crash in TIA
- Schoolgirl ‘raped by 2 teenagers’ in Sylhet
- FBHRO starts its journey
- US-Bangla Airlines aircraft crashes in Kathmandu
- US-Bangla aircraft’s passenger list
- Govt declares mourning day today
- Prithula Rashid, a life cut short
- Queen Boudicca: a tribal woman fought against Roman rule
- US-Bangla flight reaches Nepal with families of crash victims