Ferdousi Priyabhashini passes away
Published : 06 Mar 2018, 14:04
Noted sculptor and freedom fighter Ferdousi Priyabhashini died of cardiac arrest at Labaid Hospital in Dhaka this afternoon at the age of 70.
She suffered a massive cardiac arrest around 12:45pm at the hospital where was admitted on February 23, said Saifur Rahman Lenin, assistant general manager (Corporate Communications) of Labaid Group.
She was admitted to the hospital last month with kidney complications. Apart from this, she had been suffering from orthopedic problems, the official said.
Earlier, she was admitted to the hospital on November 8 last year after she fell on the floor of her Gulshan residence and hurt her leg.
Priyabhashini was one of the victims of the Pakistani occupation forces that together with their local collaborators violated almost a quarter of a million Bangalee women.
Aged 23 during the Liberation War, she was not one to be silenced by the torment she had gone through.
After being freed from the clutches of her tormentors towards the end of the war in 1971, she stood by the women abused like her and spoke of her ordeal in public, unlike most others who buried their agonies deep inside them because of the social stigma associated with it.
- Most viewed
- Doob to represent Bangladesh in 91st Oscar
- Prime Minister leaves London for New York
- Rock your locks with stylish chic buns
- Tempting sev puri to satisfy your craving
- James Bond to be back in 2020
- Mother ‘hacked dead’ by ‘drug addict’ son in Kushtia
- 23 September Events
- 23 September Births
- 23 September Deaths
- 10% pass in Dhaka University ‘Ga’ unit admission test
- Bangladesh least innovative country in Asia
- Seven-day skin care routine for lovely looks
- Prime Minister to address 73rd Session UNGA September 27
- PM leaves for London Friday en route to NY to join 73rd UNGA
- Bangladesh hand Lebanon 8-0 thrashing
- Instant triple talaq an offence in India
- 2 hijras among 3 hurt in Savar gun attack
- PM unveils ‘World Skills Bangladesh’ logo