At least 50 dead in US Bangla aircraft crash in TIA
Published : 12 Mar 2018, 16:14
A US-Bangla airlines aircraft has crashed at Tribhuvan International Airport (TIA) in Kathmandu today.
According to TIA spokesperson Prem Nath Thakur, the aircraft careened off the runway during landing and crashed onto a football ground near TIA. The aircraft with call sign S2-AGU took off from Dhaka and landed at TIA at 2:20 pm.
The aircraft caught fire following the crash. Rescue team of TIA and Nepal Army personnel have been engaged in rescue operation.
TIA officials say at least 50 people have been reported dead. Rescue operation is underway
The Nepali media say, 17 are in hospitals in vey serious conditions.
- Most viewed
- Doob to represent Bangladesh in 91st Oscar
- Prime Minister leaves London for New York
- Rock your locks with stylish chic buns
- Tempting sev puri to satisfy your craving
- James Bond to be back in 2020
- Mother ‘hacked dead’ by ‘drug addict’ son in Kushtia
- 23 September Events
- 23 September Births
- 23 September Deaths
- 10% pass in Dhaka University ‘Ga’ unit admission test
- Bangladesh least innovative country in Asia
- Seven-day skin care routine for lovely looks
- Prime Minister to address 73rd Session UNGA September 27
- PM leaves for London Friday en route to NY to join 73rd UNGA
- 2 hijras among 3 hurt in Savar gun attack
- PM unveils ‘World Skills Bangladesh’ logo
- Bangladesh hand Lebanon 8-0 thrashing
- Instant triple talaq an offence in India