Sheikh Hasina phones Nepal PM, assures all help
Published : 12 Mar 2018, 23:24
Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina, now in Singapore on a four-day official visit, today phoned her Nepalese counterpart Khadga Prasad Sharma Oli after a tragic US-Bangla plane crash in Kathmandu and assured him of all sorts of assistance from Bangladesh.
"The prime minister made the phone call to the Nepalese premier at 7:50 pm Singapore time and expressed profound shock and sorrow at the casualties in the crash," PM's Press Secretary Ihsanul Karim told BSS from Singapore.
Khadga Prasad told the Bangladesh premier that he rushed to the scene immediately after the crash and gave necessary directives for conducting speedy rescue operation.
Sheikh Hasina told the Nepalese prime minister that she will send a team to assist Nepal immediately after opening of the Tribhuban Airport in Kathmandu.
The prime minister also said that Bangladesh will extend all kinds of help to Nepal in this regard.
- Most viewed
- New diabetes drug may help obese to reduce weight
- Daryl Hannah debuts as director
- Bodies of 23 plane crash victims arrive in Dhaka
- Cabinet adopts obituary reference for Priyabhashini, plane crash victims
- Housewife found dead in Rajshahi
- Husband kills 16-year-old wife in City
- SC stays Khaleda’s HC bail till May 8
- Janaza of dead Bangladeshis held, bodies to be brought back today
- 19 March Deaths
- FBHRO starts its journey
- Prithula Rashid, a life cut short
- Govt declares mourning day today
- Queen Boudicca: a tribal woman fought against Roman rule
- Jacqueline Fernandez gets into Madhuri Dixit mode
- PM returns home tomorrow shortening Singapore visit
- US-Bangla flight reaches Nepal with families of crash victims
- Schoolgirl stabbed in Chapainawabganj
- First injured Bangladeshi victim of Nepal plane crash brought to Dhaka