Sheikh Hasina phones Nepal PM, assures all help
Published : 12 Mar 2018, 23:24
Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina, now in Singapore on a four-day official visit, today phoned her Nepalese counterpart Khadga Prasad Sharma Oli after a tragic US-Bangla plane crash in Kathmandu and assured him of all sorts of assistance from Bangladesh.
"The prime minister made the phone call to the Nepalese premier at 7:50 pm Singapore time and expressed profound shock and sorrow at the casualties in the crash," PM's Press Secretary Ihsanul Karim told BSS from Singapore.
Khadga Prasad told the Bangladesh premier that he rushed to the scene immediately after the crash and gave necessary directives for conducting speedy rescue operation.
Sheikh Hasina told the Nepalese prime minister that she will send a team to assist Nepal immediately after opening of the Tribhuban Airport in Kathmandu.
The prime minister also said that Bangladesh will extend all kinds of help to Nepal in this regard.
- Most viewed
- Doob to represent Bangladesh in 91st Oscar
- Prime Minister leaves London for New York
- Rock your locks with stylish chic buns
- Tempting sev puri to satisfy your craving
- James Bond to be back in 2020
- Mother ‘hacked dead’ by ‘drug addict’ son in Kushtia
- 23 September Events
- 23 September Births
- 23 September Deaths
- 10% pass in Dhaka University ‘Ga’ unit admission test
- Bangladesh least innovative country in Asia
- Seven-day skin care routine for lovely looks
- Prime Minister to address 73rd Session UNGA September 27
- PM leaves for London Friday en route to NY to join 73rd UNGA
- PM unveils ‘World Skills Bangladesh’ logo
- Bangladesh hand Lebanon 8-0 thrashing
- Instant triple talaq an offence in India
- 2 hijras among 3 hurt in Savar gun attack