Bodies of 23 plane crash victims arrive in Dhaka
Published : 19 Mar 2018, 17:21
The bodies of the 23 Bangladeshis, who were killed in US-Bangla plane crash in Kathmandu, arrived here on Monday afternoon.
A cargo plane of Bangladesh Air Force, carrying the bodies, landed at the Shahjalal International Airport in the city at 4 pm, said Kamrul Islam, general manager, marketing support and PR of US Bangla Airlines .
Road Transport and Bridges Minister Obaidul Quader and Civil Aviation and Tourism Minister Shajahan Kamal were present at the airport.
The 2nd namaz-e-janaza of the Bangladeshis plane crash victims will be held at Army Stadium, said Rezaul Karim, assistant director of Inter Services Public Relations (ISPR).
Earlier, the first namaz-e-janaza was held at Bangladesh Mission in Kathmandu at 9am on Monday.
A total of 23 bodies were identified till Sunday. Their respective passport numbers are provided in parentheses.
The identified 23 bodies are-- Foysal Ahmed (AG7611296), Bilkis Ara (BC0049030), Akhtara Begum (BQ0966082), Begum Hurun Nahar Bilquis Banu (BL0077261), Akhtara Begum ( BQ0966082), Nazia Afrin Chowdhury ( 0C0196215), Md Rokibul Hasan (BF0245028), Sanzida Huque (BL0129840), Md Hasan Imam (BL0077270), Meenhaz Bin Nasir (BL0948957), Akhi Moni ( BA0546584), F H Priok (BE0269054),Tamarra Prionmoyee (BR0896359), Md Motiur Rahman (BA0594388), S M Mahmudur Rahman (BA0594388), Tahira Tanvin Shashi Reza (BB0778372), Umme Salma (0C5084403),Aniruddha Zaman (BP0122973), Md Nuruz Zaman (BF0621111), Md Rafiquz Zaman (BL0601965), Pilot Abid Sultan (BE0760912), Co-pilot Prithula Rashid (BF0430528), Crew Khwaja Hossain Mohammad Shafey (AF3028136), Crew Sharmin Akhter Nabila (BE0925527).
The three bodies are yet to be identified. They are- Alifuzzaman (BQ0626689), Pias Roy (BC0759899) and Mohammad Nazrul Islam (BH0461552).
At least 49 people, including 26 Bangladeshi nationals, were killed as the US-Bangla Airlines aircraft crashed and burst into flames at Tribhuvan International Airport in the capital of Himalayan county Nepal on Monday last.
- Most viewed
- Doob to represent Bangladesh in 91st Oscar
- Prime Minister leaves London for New York
- Rock your locks with stylish chic buns
- Tempting sev puri to satisfy your craving
- James Bond to be back in 2020
- Mother ‘hacked dead’ by ‘drug addict’ son in Kushtia
- 23 September Events
- 23 September Births
- 23 September Deaths
- 10% pass in Dhaka University ‘Ga’ unit admission test
- Bangladesh least innovative country in Asia
- Seven-day skin care routine for lovely looks
- Prime Minister to address 73rd Session UNGA September 27
- PM leaves for London Friday en route to NY to join 73rd UNGA
- PM unveils ‘World Skills Bangladesh’ logo
- Bangladesh hand Lebanon 8-0 thrashing
- Instant triple talaq an offence in India
- 2 hijras among 3 hurt in Savar gun attack