Bodies of 23 plane crash victims arrive in Dhaka
Published : 19 Mar 2018, 17:21
The bodies of the 23 Bangladeshis, who were killed in US-Bangla plane crash in Kathmandu, arrived here on Monday afternoon.
A cargo plane of Bangladesh Air Force, carrying the bodies, landed at the Shahjalal International Airport in the city at 4 pm, said Kamrul Islam, general manager, marketing support and PR of US Bangla Airlines .
Road Transport and Bridges Minister Obaidul Quader and Civil Aviation and Tourism Minister Shajahan Kamal were present at the airport.
The 2nd namaz-e-janaza of the Bangladeshis plane crash victims will be held at Army Stadium, said Rezaul Karim, assistant director of Inter Services Public Relations (ISPR).
Earlier, the first namaz-e-janaza was held at Bangladesh Mission in Kathmandu at 9am on Monday.
A total of 23 bodies were identified till Sunday. Their respective passport numbers are provided in parentheses.
The identified 23 bodies are-- Foysal Ahmed (AG7611296), Bilkis Ara (BC0049030), Akhtara Begum (BQ0966082), Begum Hurun Nahar Bilquis Banu (BL0077261), Akhtara Begum ( BQ0966082), Nazia Afrin Chowdhury ( 0C0196215), Md Rokibul Hasan (BF0245028), Sanzida Huque (BL0129840), Md Hasan Imam (BL0077270), Meenhaz Bin Nasir (BL0948957), Akhi Moni ( BA0546584), F H Priok (BE0269054),Tamarra Prionmoyee (BR0896359), Md Motiur Rahman (BA0594388), S M Mahmudur Rahman (BA0594388), Tahira Tanvin Shashi Reza (BB0778372), Umme Salma (0C5084403),Aniruddha Zaman (BP0122973), Md Nuruz Zaman (BF0621111), Md Rafiquz Zaman (BL0601965), Pilot Abid Sultan (BE0760912), Co-pilot Prithula Rashid (BF0430528), Crew Khwaja Hossain Mohammad Shafey (AF3028136), Crew Sharmin Akhter Nabila (BE0925527).
The three bodies are yet to be identified. They are- Alifuzzaman (BQ0626689), Pias Roy (BC0759899) and Mohammad Nazrul Islam (BH0461552).
At least 49 people, including 26 Bangladeshi nationals, were killed as the US-Bangla Airlines aircraft crashed and burst into flames at Tribhuvan International Airport in the capital of Himalayan county Nepal on Monday last.
- Most viewed
- So, does Priyanka's mommy approve of rumoured boyfriend Nick
- Burgener wraps up visit to Myanmar; underlines accountability
- Hundreds of women march in Rio to demand legal abortion
- Blame to go to AL grassroots leaders if it fails to win next polls: PM
- Parted at US border by Trump policy, migrants seek their children
- AL Anniversary: PM pays homage to Bangabandhu
- 23 June Births
- 23 June Deaths
- 23 June Events
- Chicago lawyers walk in heels to end sexual assault
- AL announced a reception on July 21 for PM
- 68.5m people displaced worldwide: UN
- Keep it up, PM to women cricketers
- ‘Amar Sonar Bangla’ now in Belarusian language
- Tonu Killing: CID to get suspects’ DNA reports next week
- World's oldest Sumatran orangutan Puan died
- New Zealand PM gives birth to baby girl
- WB should support national priority of a country, WB ED tells PM