Protesters in crucial meeting with Quader
Published : 09 Apr 2018, 17:35
The spotlight has fallen upon the meeting between Awami League General Secretary Obaidul Quader and the delegation of quota demonstrators being held at the secretariat.
Hasan Al Mamun, coordinator of protesting platform Bangladesh General Students’ Rights Protection Forum, has confirmed that the senior political leader has invited for talks.
Last reported, a 20-member delegation had walked into Bangladesh Secretariat to meet Quader. This meeting might play a decider role in the further course of quota demonstration.
In Dhaka University, Protesters moving with demands of quota reform in civil service have remained inside Dhaka University campus for most of today so far under the careful watch of law enforcers.
In thousands, they have gathered all across the campus, seemingly waiting for the meeting with Obaidul Quader, who is also the minister for road transport and bridges, before going for further agitation.
Besides, the protests have spread out to further corners of the country including Chittagong University, Jahangirnagar University, Rajshahi University, and Shahjalal University.
- Most viewed
- Student, Trolled For Selling Fish, Donates Rs. 1.5 Lakh For Flood Aid
- Saudi feminists launch online radio
- Child passive smoking 'risk adult diseases'
- 16 nurses get pregnant at Arizona hospital
- The 18th Asian Games got off to a glorious start
- Girls' supremacy finally over
- Priyanka Chopra, Nick Jonas are officially engaged
- Huma Qureshi didn’t care about working with Khans
- Woman commits suicide after ‘stabbing husband’ in city
- Williams rebounds from worst loss to advance in Cincy tennis
- Sheikh Hasina to inaugurate 23 bridges, Fatehpur Railway Overpass
- BD beat Nepal 3-0 to emerge group top in SAFF U-15 Women’s championship
- U-15 girls take on Bhutan in SAFF semi
- SAFF U-15 girls reach final beating Bhutan 5-0
- Caned by headmaster, schoolgirl kills self
- Antibiotic resistance genes in air pose threat to human health: Study
- Nation observes National Mourning Day today
- Prime Minister pays homage to Bangabandhu in Tungipara