Mymensingh woman ‘kills self, son jumping’ before train
Published : 17 Apr 2018, 12:40
A young woman with her minor son in her arms reportedly jumped before a running train at Dhamail in Gafargaon upazila on Tuesday morning, leaving them dead.
The deceased were identified as Liza Akhter, 25, wife of Rajib Mondal of Dhalibari in the upazila, and their son Yeasin, 3.
Quoting locals, M Abdul Mannan Farazi, officer-in-charge of Mymensingh Railway Police Station, said Liza along with her son leaped in front of Dhaka-bound ‘Jamuna Express’ train from Mymensingh around 6:15 am, leaving them dead on the spot.
On information, police recovered the bodies, the OC said, adding that Liza might have chosen the extreme path following a family feud.
- Most viewed
- Want to work for people until death: Prime Minister
- Rabindra-Nazrul Jayanti celebrated in London
- People stream to Suhrawardy Udyan for Hasina's reception
- Temperature may fall by (1-2)°C over country
- Bangladeshi Sharmin wins Commonwealth recognition
- British PM’s trade envoy Rushanara due today
- AL to hold mass reception to Prime Minister today
- 21 July Events
- 21 July Births
- ‘We’re on top of the world anyways’: Croatia’s president
- What you should know about Croatian President Kolinda Kitarovic
- Bangladesh emerge all-win champions in Women's WT20 Qualifiers
- France-Croatia to fight for World Cup 2018 title tonight
- France crowned World Cup 2018 champions after beating Croatia
- Use jute bags, break up with plastics: Prime Minister
- HSC, equivalent exams results tomorrow
- 'I had to make my kidnapper fall in love with me': Chloe Ayling
- Putin, Macron, Kitarovic to watch World Cup final