Mother, 2 daughters died of excessive bleeding: Doctors
Published : 01 May 2018, 18:49
The reason behind the death of the young woman and her two daughters, who were found dead at their government staff-quarters residence in the city's Darus Salam area, was excessive bleeding, said doctors on Tuesday.
Jasmine Akhter, 35, wife of Md Hasibul Islam, assistant legislative draft-man, and their daughters Asifa, 9, and Abila, 5, were found dead on Monday evening.
Professor Selim Reza came up with the information after conducting autopsy of the bodies at Shaheed Suhrawardy Medical College and Hospital.
Doctors also collected viscera samples from the bodies to examine whether the victims contained any poison in their bodies, he added.
There were marks of sharp weapons in the necks of the two children and in the neck and abdomen of Jasmine, police said earlier.
Police were suspecting that Jasmine, who used to work at Khamar Bari, was a mentally challenged and committed suicide after killing her two daughters.
- Most viewed
- Alia Bhatt and Ranbir Kapoor likely to tie the knot in 2020
- Priyanka, Nick Jonas arrive together in India
- WB should support national priority of a country, WB ED tells PM
- Act now to protect migrants vulnerable to trafficking, exploitation: UN
- Suu Kyi says outside hate narratives driving Myanmar tension
- 22 June Births
- 22 June Deaths
- 22 June Events
- Get hands on healthy food this yoga day
- Chicago lawyers walk in heels to end sexual assault
- AL announced a reception on July 21 for PM
- 68.5m people displaced worldwide: UN
- Keep it up, PM to women cricketers
- ‘Amar Sonar Bangla’ now in Belarusian language
- Tonu Killing: CID to get suspects’ DNA reports next week
- World's oldest Sumatran orangutan Puan died
- New Zealand PM gives birth to baby girl
- Your kids’ obesity may up knee, hip osteoarthritis risk later