Mother, 2 daughters died of excessive bleeding: Doctors
Published : 01 May 2018, 18:49
The reason behind the death of the young woman and her two daughters, who were found dead at their government staff-quarters residence in the city's Darus Salam area, was excessive bleeding, said doctors on Tuesday.
Jasmine Akhter, 35, wife of Md Hasibul Islam, assistant legislative draft-man, and their daughters Asifa, 9, and Abila, 5, were found dead on Monday evening.
Professor Selim Reza came up with the information after conducting autopsy of the bodies at Shaheed Suhrawardy Medical College and Hospital.
Doctors also collected viscera samples from the bodies to examine whether the victims contained any poison in their bodies, he added.
There were marks of sharp weapons in the necks of the two children and in the neck and abdomen of Jasmine, police said earlier.
Police were suspecting that Jasmine, who used to work at Khamar Bari, was a mentally challenged and committed suicide after killing her two daughters.
- Most viewed
- Student, Trolled For Selling Fish, Donates Rs. 1.5 Lakh For Flood Aid
- Saudi feminists launch online radio
- Child passive smoking 'risk adult diseases'
- 16 nurses get pregnant at Arizona hospital
- The 18th Asian Games got off to a glorious start
- Girls' supremacy finally over
- Priyanka Chopra, Nick Jonas are officially engaged
- Huma Qureshi didn’t care about working with Khans
- Woman commits suicide after ‘stabbing husband’ in city
- Williams rebounds from worst loss to advance in Cincy tennis
- Sheikh Hasina to inaugurate 23 bridges, Fatehpur Railway Overpass
- BD beat Nepal 3-0 to emerge group top in SAFF U-15 Women’s championship
- U-15 girls take on Bhutan in SAFF semi
- Caned by headmaster, schoolgirl kills self
- Antibiotic resistance genes in air pose threat to human health: Study
- SAFF U-15 girls reach final beating Bhutan 5-0
- Woman held in city for ‘spreading rumour on Facebook’
- Saff U-15 girls eye more glory in final today