Tanzil to receive 'Emerging Young Leaders Award' in USA
Published : 02 May 2018, 18:14
The US Department of State will honour outstanding young leaders from around the world, including Tanzil Ferdous from Bangladesh, on Wednesday (today).
The 10 recipients of the third annual 'Emerging Young Leaders Award' will be acknowledged in a public ceremony at the State Department for their efforts as partners for peace and drivers of economic growth and opportunity on the day.
The 2018 awardees are Sara Abdullah Abdulrahman, Iraq; Diovio Alfath, Indonesia; Ece Ciftci, Turkey; Tanzil Ferdous, Bangladesh; Zina Salim Hassan Hamu, Lithuania; Dania Hassan, Pakistan; Nancy Herz, Norway; Isasiphinkosi Mdingi, South Africa; Jose Rodriguez, Panama; and Firuz Yogbekov, Tajikistan.
US Embassy in Dhaka shared a video congratulating Tanzil Ferdous on Wednesday.
"Congratulations to Tanzil Ferdous, a young woman from Bangladesh who is a winner of this year’s Emerging Young Leaders award!," the message shared with the video reads.
Tanzil spoke about her volunteer work in the video.
The award is given in recognition of the positive role young people play in building sustainable peace, according to US Department of State.
These 10 remarkable young people are visiting the United States for an intensive programme from April 29 which will continue until May 12.
The programme is especially designed to expand their leadership capacities, strengthen their knowledge of management strategies in the non-profit, government and private sectors, learn and share best practices, and broaden their networks of resources and support.
The exchange programme provides skills training to set awardees on paths for increased collaboration on global issues affecting youth, particularly those involved in building peace, combating extremism, and empowering youth.
- Most viewed
- 5 special Eid-ul-Adha Dishe for guest
- Mother, daughter found dead in Bogra
- Khaleda, Tarique directly involved in Aug 21 grenade attack: PM
- PM pays tribute to August 21 grenade attack victims
- 21 April Events
- 21 April Births
- 21 April Deaths
- Weinstein accuser Asia Argento paid teen who made sex assault claim
- Cabinet approves ‘Sarkari Chakori Ain, 2018’
- Priyanka Chopra, Nick Jonas are officially engaged
- Huma Qureshi didn’t care about working with Khans
- Girls' supremacy finally over
- Saff U-15 girls eye more glory in final today
- The 18th Asian Games got off to a glorious start
- U-15 girls take on Bhutan in SAFF semi
- SAFF U-15 girls reach final beating Bhutan 5-0
- Youth found dead at Chattogram hotel
- Woman held in city for ‘spreading rumour on Facebook’