No problem detected in rocket and satellite: SpaceX
Published : 11 May 2018, 17:05
SpaceX authorities in the United States said the launch of Bangladesh’s first satellite, Bangabandhu-1, was suspended as there was problem on ground station.
The authorities also said there was no problem in rocket and satellite.
The authorities announced the abortion at 3:46am on Friday Bangladesh time.
They announced new launching schedule for May 11 between 4:14pm and 6:21pm EDT (BST 2:14 am and 4:21 am).
State Minister for ICT Zunaid Ahmed Palak said the launch of Bangabandhu-1 satellite was suspended for some technical problems.
Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina’s ICT adviser Sajeeb Wazed Joy, and a high-level delegation from Bangladesh, led by state minister for information Tarana Halim, were present to witness the launching.
Earlier, Sajeeb Wazed visited the launching pad in the morning.
State Minister for ICT Zunaid Ahmed, Bangladesh Telecommunication Regulatory Commission (BTRC) Chairman Dr Shahjahan Mahmood, several lawmakers, government high officials and a group of journalists are also in the US to witness the ceremony.
The Kennedy Space Centre invited visitors to attend the launch of the satellite.
Bangabandhu-1, a high-orbit communications satellite, was scheduled to be blasted off at 3:47am Bangladesh time (4:47 Florida time on May 10) from Kennedy Space Centre in Florida.
The satellite will control and facilitate telephonic, internet and other data transfer via sky.
Bangabandhu-1 was supposed to blast off from the launch complex 39-A in Kennedy Space Centre, which was used for launching the Apollo 11 to the Moon.
A SpaceX Falcon-9 rocket will be carrying the 3.5-tonne satellite to the geostationary transfer orbit.
SpaceX will use block-5 version of their Falcon-9 rocket for the first time to launch a satellite.
- Most viewed
- British PM’s trade envoy Rushanara in city
- Housewife gang-raped in Chattogram
- 22 July Events
- 22 July Births
- 22 July Deaths
- Want to work for people until death: Prime Minister
- Rabindra-Nazrul Jayanti celebrated in London
- People stream to Suhrawardy Udyan for Hasina's reception
- Temperature may fall by (1-2)°C over country
- ‘We’re on top of the world anyways’: Croatia’s president
- Use jute bags, break up with plastics: Prime Minister
- AL to hold mass reception to Prime Minister today
- France crowned World Cup 2018 champions after beating Croatia
- Bangladeshi Sharmin wins Commonwealth recognition
- British PM’s trade envoy Rushanara due today
- HSC, equivalent exams results tomorrow
- World Cup Pussy Riot pitch intruders jailed for 15 days
- 'I had to make my kidnapper fall in love with me': Chloe Ayling