Provide stipends among poor students properly: PM
Published : 23 May 2018, 17:48
Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina on Wednesday directed the officials concerned to take steps to properly provide stipends and other assistance among poor and meritorious students under the Prime Minister’s Education Assistance Trust Fund.
The directive came at the 5th meeting of the Trust Fund held with the Prime Minister in the chair at her office.
PM’s Press Secretary Ihsanul Karim briefed reporters after the meeting.
The Prime Minister asked the officials to take steps for activation of the e-stipend system so that the students can avail of it online.
The meeting reviewed the activities of the Trust and the current situation of the Fund as well as stipend programmes of 2018, the press secretary said.
Members of the Trust Finance Minister AMA Muhith, Education Minister Nurul Islam Nahid, Planning Minister AHM Mustafa Kamal and Primary and Mass Education Minister Mostafizur Rahman, among others, attended the meeting.
Members of the Trust congratulated the Prime Minister and PM’s ICT Affairs Adviser Sajeeb Wazed Joy on successful launching of Bangabandhu Satellite-1 into the orbit.
- Most viewed
- Multi-storey buildings to replace city slums: Prime Minister
- 20 August Events
- 20 August Births
- 20 August Deaths
- Student, Trolled For Selling Fish, Donates Rs. 1.5 Lakh For Flood Aid
- Saudi feminists launch online radio
- Child passive smoking 'risk adult diseases'
- 16 nurses get pregnant at Arizona hospital
- The 18th Asian Games got off to a glorious start
- Williams rebounds from worst loss to advance in Cincy tennis
- Sheikh Hasina to inaugurate 23 bridges, Fatehpur Railway Overpass
- BD beat Nepal 3-0 to emerge group top in SAFF U-15 Women’s championship
- U-15 girls take on Bhutan in SAFF semi
- Caned by headmaster, schoolgirl kills self
- Antibiotic resistance genes in air pose threat to human health: Study
- SAFF U-15 girls reach final beating Bhutan 5-0
- Woman held in city for ‘spreading rumour on Facebook’
- Saff U-15 girls eye more glory in final today