Provide stipends among poor students properly: PM
Published : 23 May 2018, 17:48
Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina on Wednesday directed the officials concerned to take steps to properly provide stipends and other assistance among poor and meritorious students under the Prime Minister’s Education Assistance Trust Fund.
The directive came at the 5th meeting of the Trust Fund held with the Prime Minister in the chair at her office.
PM’s Press Secretary Ihsanul Karim briefed reporters after the meeting.
The Prime Minister asked the officials to take steps for activation of the e-stipend system so that the students can avail of it online.
The meeting reviewed the activities of the Trust and the current situation of the Fund as well as stipend programmes of 2018, the press secretary said.
Members of the Trust Finance Minister AMA Muhith, Education Minister Nurul Islam Nahid, Planning Minister AHM Mustafa Kamal and Primary and Mass Education Minister Mostafizur Rahman, among others, attended the meeting.
Members of the Trust congratulated the Prime Minister and PM’s ICT Affairs Adviser Sajeeb Wazed Joy on successful launching of Bangabandhu Satellite-1 into the orbit.
- Most viewed
- Law coming to ensure death sentence for patrons of drug traders: PM
- 99 lakh jobs by 2020: Prime Minister
- Your kids’ obesity may up knee, hip osteoarthritis risk later
- Beauty rituals to follow during monsoon
- Deepika Padukone trying 9 things she never did before
- ‘Russia’s hottest World Cup fan’ turns out to be porn star
- Hollywood stars reject Trump immigrant policy
- Rohingya girls dream of school
- Prime Minister meets President