PM Hasina in Santiniketan on a two-day visit to Kolkata
Published : 25 May 2018, 11:54
Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina arrived here on Friday morning on a two-day visit to West Bengal at the invitation of her Indian counterpart Narendra Modi.
A VVIP flight of Biman Bangladesh Airlines carrying Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina and her entourage landed at Netaji Subhas Chandra Bose International (NSCBI) Airport at 9:40am (local time).
Foreign Minister AH Mahmood Ali, Education Minister Nurul Islam Nahid, Cultural Affairs Minister Asaduzzaman Noor and Prime Minister’s four Advisers on Political, Economic, Foreign and Energy affairs are accompanying the Prime Minister.
During her visit, the Prime Minister will inaugurate ‘Bangladesh Bhaban jointly with Narendra Modi at Visva Bharati and hold a meeting with him there on Friday. Sheikh Hasina will also attend Visva Bharati Convocation Ceremony as the Guest of Honour there.
Besides, she will receive Honorary Degree of Doctor of Literature at Kazi Nazrul University, Asansol on Saturday.
From the NSCBI Airport, Sheikh Hasina will depart for Visva Bharati, Santiniketan by a helicopter.
Vice Chancellor of Visva Bharati Prof Sabuj Koli Sen will receive the Prime Minister at Santiniketan.
Narendra Modi will receive Sheikh Hasina at Rabindra Bhaban. She will then place flowers at Rabindra chair.
She will depart for convocation venue at Amrakanon and attend Visva Bharati Convocation Ceremony.
Hasina will take part in the convocation procession and oath ceremony.
After the convocation ceremony, the Bangladesh Prime Minister and her Indian counterpart will jointly unveil the plaque of Bangladesh Bhaban.
Tagore’s song ‘Anandaloke Mongolaloke will be played at the ceremony. The Vice Chancellor of Visva Bharati will deliver the welcome speech.
After the inaugural function, Sheikh Hasina and Narendra Modi will sit in the meeting. After the meeting, she will depart Santiniketan for Kolkata by a helicopter.
On her return to Kolkata, Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina will visit Jorasanko Thakur Bari. Later, local chamber leaders will meet her.
On May 26, the Prime Minister will go to Kazi Nazrul University, Asansol to receive the Degree of Doctor of Literature.
A VVIP flight of Biman Bangladesh Airlines will depart from Netaji Subhas Chandra Bose International (NSCBI) Airport, Kolkata for the Kazi Nazrul Islam (KNI) Airport, Andal, Durgapur at 9:50am (local time).
The KNU Vice Chancellor will deliver the welcome address before conferring of the Honorary D.Litt Degree on Sheikh Hasina.
Sheikh Hasina will then deliver her speech.
Chief Minister of West Bengal Mamata Banarjee will deliver her speech as the Guest-in-Chief at the convocation.
After the programme, the Prime Minister will return to Kolkata. She will visit Netaji Museum (Netaji Bhawan) and place wreaths on the bed of Netaji and sign the visitor’s book on Saturday afternoon.
The Prime Minister will return home at 10:30pm on Saturday by a VVIP flight of Biman Bangladesh Airlines.
- Most viewed
- Priyanka Chopra, Nick Jonas are officially engaged
- Huma Qureshi didn’t care about working with Khans
- Woman commits suicide after ‘stabbing husband’ in city
- Saff U-15 girls eye more glory in final today
- 18 August Events
- 18 August Births
- 18 August Deaths
- No cell phones at Deepika, Ranveer destination wedding
- Nick Jonas reaches India for engagement bash with Priyanka
- Williams rebounds from worst loss to advance in Cincy tennis
- Sheikh Hasina to inaugurate 23 bridges, Fatehpur Railway Overpass
- BD beat Nepal 3-0 to emerge group top in SAFF U-15 Women’s championship
- U-15 girls take on Bhutan in SAFF semi
- Caned by headmaster, schoolgirl kills self
- Antibiotic resistance genes in air pose threat to human health: Study
- SAFF U-15 girls reach final beating Bhutan 5-0
- Prime Minister pays homage to Bangabandhu in Tungipara
- Nation observes National Mourning Day today