PM Sheikh Hasina holds talks with BCL post aspirants
Published : 04 Jul 2018, 13:02
Awami League President and Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina will hold talks with the aspirants to top posts of Bangladesh Chhatra League today.
The meeting will be held at 7:30pm at her Ganabhaban residence in the capital, the prime minister’s press wing said.
All the aspirants and incumbent leaders have been asked to attend the meeting.
A new BCL committee will be announced any day after the meeting with aspirants, sources said.
However, a short list of the BCL aspirants to top posts has been prepared through scrutinising their political contribution and family background to finalise the new committee.
Committees for BCL central, Dhaka University, Dhaka city north and south units will be formed at the same time.
The two-day 29th National Council of BCL was held on May 11 and 12 without announcing new committee of the student front of the ruling party.
Earlier, the Awami League chief announced that she would give a new committee after scrutiny, keeping the age limit to 29.
A total of 323 candidates have applied for the two key posts.
Of them, 111 leaders collected forms for president post while 212 for the post of general secretary.
- Most viewed
- Doob to represent Bangladesh in 91st Oscar
- Prime Minister leaves London for New York
- Rock your locks with stylish chic buns
- Tempting sev puri to satisfy your craving
- James Bond to be back in 2020
- Mother ‘hacked dead’ by ‘drug addict’ son in Kushtia
- 23 September Events
- 23 September Births
- 23 September Deaths
- 10% pass in Dhaka University ‘Ga’ unit admission test
- Bangladesh least innovative country in Asia
- Seven-day skin care routine for lovely looks
- Prime Minister to address 73rd Session UNGA September 27
- PM leaves for London Friday en route to NY to join 73rd UNGA
- Instant triple talaq an offence in India
- 2 hijras among 3 hurt in Savar gun attack
- PM unveils ‘World Skills Bangladesh’ logo
- Bangladesh hand Lebanon 8-0 thrashing