Arrest warrant issued against Khaleda, Goyeshwar
Published : 12 Jul 2018, 11:00
A Dhaka court on Wednesday issued arrest warrant against Bangaldesh Nationalist Party (BNP) chairperson Khaleda Zia and her party’s standing committee member Goyeshwar Chandra Roy for making derogatory remarks about the number of martyrs in war of liberation and martyred intellectuals.
Dhaka metropolitan magistrate Abu Sayeed issued the warrant allowing a plea of plaintiff AB Siddiqui. The court also set 7 August for submitting report on execution of the order.
According to the case documents, Khaleda at a rally of Jatiyatabadi Muktijoddha Dal on 21 December 2015, had made the objectionable remarks.
Her party colleague Roy too made similar remarks at another rally on 25 December 2015.
Jananetri Parishad president AB Siddiqui filed the case against the duo on 5 January 2016.
- Most viewed
- Virtual or real? Fashion world split over digital supermodels
- Kenya lifts ban on lesbian film
- Prime Minister to address 73rd Session UNGA September 27
- 22 September Events
- 22 September Births
- 22 September Deaths
- Katrina Kaif’s character in ‘Thugs of Hindostan’ revealed
- 21 September Events
- 21 September Births
- 10% pass in Dhaka University ‘Ga’ unit admission test
- Bangladesh least innovative country in Asia
- Seven-day skin care routine for lovely looks
- PM unveils ‘World Skills Bangladesh’ logo
- Bangladesh hand Lebanon 8-0 thrashing
- 2 hijras among 3 hurt in Savar gun attack
- PM leaves for London Friday en route to NY to join 73rd UNGA
- Instant triple talaq an offence in India
- Hasina, Modi to open Bangladesh-India oil pipeline today