3 women killed in Gopalganj road crash
Published : 14 Jul 2018, 10:53
At least three women were killed and 10 others injured in a head-on collision between a truck and a pickup van on Dhaka-Khulna highway at Gopalpur in Kashiani upazila on Friday afternoon.
The deceased were identified as Asma Begum, 55, wife of Zinnat Molla, Poli Begum, 35, wife of Robiul Molla and Hashura Begum, 65, all hailing from Pingalia village of upazila.
Khandakar Aminur Rahman, in-charge of Ramdia Police Camp, said the accident took place when an onion-laden truck hit the pickup van carrying about 20 people at 4 pm, leaving two women--Asma and Poli--dead on the spot and 11 others injured.
Later, the injured were taken to Gopalganj General Hospital where the duty doctor declared Hashura dead.
The accident took place when pickup van owner Rabiul along his relatives were going to Hazrat Khan Jahan Ali's shrine for offering monajat for the wellbeing of his newly purchased vehicle.
- Most viewed
- 16 August Events
- 16 August Births
- 16 August Deaths
- Bangabandhu's assassination most shameful incident in world history: Envoy
- Speaker pays homage to Bangabandhu
- Prime Minister pays homage to Bangabandhu in Tungipara
- President, PM pay homage to Bangabandhu
- Nation observes National Mourning Day today
- 15 August Births
- Bangladeshi women footballers beat Pakistan by 14-0
- PM greets U-15 women footballers for victory over Pakistan
- Sexual violence a tool to force ethnic minorities to migrate: Experts
- Prevent cancer, save life
- US judge halts mother-daughter deportation
- Williams rebounds from worst loss to advance in Cincy tennis
- BD beat Nepal 3-0 to emerge group top in SAFF U-15 Women’s championship
- Tofu, soy milk can boost bone strength in women
- With new category, Oscars are now a popularity contest