Dedicate yourself for countrymen’s treatment: PM to doctors
Published : 13 Sep 2018, 12:48
Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina urged all doctors and nurses for dedicating yourself for countrymen so that they can get proper treatment.
The Prime Minister said there was no medical university in Bangladesh.
After coming in power in 1996, we established first Bangabandhu Sheikh Mujib Medical University (BSMMU) in Dhaka.
Besides this, as per the Bangabandhu Sheikh Mujibur Rahman’s wish, we made hospitals for poor patients and increased bed.
Our aim is to welfare for people.We want that every citizen of country can get proper treatment.
We established five medical university. We reduced tax for medical instrument to facilitate treatment. Besides, we have aim we will built medical university in every division, the premier said.
The Prime Minister came up with the remarks while laying foundation stone of Super Specialized Hospital for critical patients at Bangabandhu Sheikh Mujib Medical University (BSMMU) in Dhaka today (Thursday).
In the mean time, we have made Rajshahi, Chattogram, Sylhet Medical University and under this division, all medical colleges will be affiliated with the university. In Dhaka, all medical colleges will be affiliated under BSMMU, the Prime Minister said.
I have made a fund for poor people who can get well treatment in BSMMU and will allot Tk 10 crore fund for the purpose. We appointed many nurses after limited their age, she said.
If rich people go abroad by air ambulance, I have no problem. Rather, I think it is better for poor patients so that they can get chance for treatment. By this hospital, centre baged health care delivery system will be operated, the premier said. After opening this hospital, Tk 300 crore will be saved, she said.
We have achieved economic development. We have been able to reach all type of facility to countrymen in nine and half years.We have reached in developing country. We have to keep this success. We have made doctors dormitory and will mad dormitory for nurses in next time, the premier said.
- Most viewed
- Seven-day skin care routine for lovely looks
- Hasina, Modi inaugurate Bangladesh-India oil pipeline
- Emmys full of surprises, 'Marvelous Mrs. Maisel' dominates
- 18 September Events
- 18 September Births
- 18 September Deaths
- PM leaves for London Friday en route to NY to join 73rd UNGA
- PM unveils ‘World Skills Bangladesh’ logo
- Hasina, Modi to open Bangladesh-India oil pipeline today
- 14 September Births
- Country is marching forward: Sheikh Hasina
- Dhaka University admission tests begin today
- 6 female activists of Jamaat held in Bogura
- 14 September Deaths
- 14 September Events
- Instagram rolls out new feature to help users with drug issues
- Women should be proud of their beauty: Jhanvi Kapoor
- Halle Berry to make directorial debut with bruised