Cyclone 'Maarutha' moves northeastwards in Bay
Published : 16 Apr 2017, 17:32
The cyclonic storm "Maarutha" over east-central bay and adjoining area moved northeastwards further and lies over the same area, a Met Office weather bulletin said here today.
The cyclone was centered at 12 noon today about 590 kms south of Chittagong port, 505 kms south of Cox's Bazar port, 705 kms south-southeast of Mongla port and 620 kms south-southeast of Payra port. It is likely to move in a north-northeasterly direction and may cross Myanmar coast near Sandoway by midnight tonight.
Maximum sustained wind speed within 54 kms of the cyclonic storm centre is about 62 kph rising to 88 kph in gusts or squalls, the weather bulletin said adding sea will remain very rough.
Maritime ports of Chittagong, Cox's Bazar, Mongla and Payra have been advised to keep hoisted distant warning signal number two (rpt) two. All fishing boats and trawlers over North Bay and deep sea have been advised to remain close to the coast and proceed with caution till further notice so that they can take shelter immediately.
- Most viewed
- France-Croatia to fight for World Cup 2018 title tonight
- What you should know about Croatian President Kolinda Kitarovic
- Elizabeth's memorable encounters with US presidents
- Asif Akbar to act in movies
- PM asks SSF not to isolate her from people
- Bangladesh emerge all-win champions in Women's WT20 Qualifiers
- Putin, Macron, Kitarovic to watch World Cup final
- AL to fulfill pledges if voted to power again: Prime Minister
- US woman survives 7 days on radiator water after Jeep crash
- Prime Minister visits Pabna today
- 11 July Deaths
- Tigresses ensure participation of ICC World T20
- Bangladesh Tigress will face Scotland tonight
- Bangladesh women’s cricket team rout Netherlands by 7 wkts
- Teen arrested for dancing in Iran
- Six boys exit from Thai cave, Rescue operation underway
- No more ‘hot women’- FIFA wants fewer images of attractive female fans in stadiums
- 'Rescued 8 Thai boys in good mental, physical state'