10 killed in Rangamati landslides
Published : 12 Jun 2018, 10:53
At least 10 people have been killed in landslides triggered by heavy rainfall across Rangamati’s Naniarchar upazila, police say.
Landslides in Boro Kul Para, Hati Mara and Siyalli Para took place early today, triggered by non-stop rain since Sunday.
In Boro Kul Para, those killed were Surendra Lal Chakma, 48, his wife Rajjo Debi Chakma, 45, and their daughter Sonali Chakma, 9, and another boy Rumen Chakma, 12.
In Hati Mara, two killed were identified as Rita Chakma and Riten Chakma. In Siyalli Para, Fulo Debi Chakma, Eti Chakma and a two-month-old baby died.
Naniarchar Police Station Officer-in-Charge Muhammad Abdul Latif confirmed the casualties and their identities. Further rescue works are underway.
- Most viewed
- Priyanka Chopra, Nick Jonas are officially engaged
- Huma Qureshi didn’t care about working with Khans
- Woman commits suicide after ‘stabbing husband’ in city
- Saff U-15 girls eye more glory in final today
- 18 August Events
- 18 August Births
- 18 August Deaths
- No cell phones at Deepika, Ranveer destination wedding
- Nick Jonas reaches India for engagement bash with Priyanka
- Williams rebounds from worst loss to advance in Cincy tennis
- Sheikh Hasina to inaugurate 23 bridges, Fatehpur Railway Overpass
- BD beat Nepal 3-0 to emerge group top in SAFF U-15 Women’s championship
- U-15 girls take on Bhutan in SAFF semi
- Caned by headmaster, schoolgirl kills self
- Antibiotic resistance genes in air pose threat to human health: Study
- SAFF U-15 girls reach final beating Bhutan 5-0
- Nation observes National Mourning Day today
- Prime Minister pays homage to Bangabandhu in Tungipara