10 killed in Rangamati landslides
Published : 12 Jun 2018, 10:53
At least 10 people have been killed in landslides triggered by heavy rainfall across Rangamati’s Naniarchar upazila, police say.
Landslides in Boro Kul Para, Hati Mara and Siyalli Para took place early today, triggered by non-stop rain since Sunday.
In Boro Kul Para, those killed were Surendra Lal Chakma, 48, his wife Rajjo Debi Chakma, 45, and their daughter Sonali Chakma, 9, and another boy Rumen Chakma, 12.
In Hati Mara, two killed were identified as Rita Chakma and Riten Chakma. In Siyalli Para, Fulo Debi Chakma, Eti Chakma and a two-month-old baby died.
Naniarchar Police Station Officer-in-Charge Muhammad Abdul Latif confirmed the casualties and their identities. Further rescue works are underway.
- Most viewed
- So, does Priyanka's mommy approve of rumoured boyfriend Nick
- Burgener wraps up visit to Myanmar; underlines accountability
- Hundreds of women march in Rio to demand legal abortion
- Blame to go to AL grassroots leaders if it fails to win next polls: PM
- Parted at US border by Trump policy, migrants seek their children
- AL Anniversary: PM pays homage to Bangabandhu
- 23 June Births
- 23 June Deaths
- 23 June Events
- Chicago lawyers walk in heels to end sexual assault
- AL announced a reception on July 21 for PM
- 68.5m people displaced worldwide: UN
- Keep it up, PM to women cricketers
- ‘Amar Sonar Bangla’ now in Belarusian language
- Tonu Killing: CID to get suspects’ DNA reports next week
- World's oldest Sumatran orangutan Puan died
- New Zealand PM gives birth to baby girl
- WB should support national priority of a country, WB ED tells PM