Police raid suspected militant den at Kalyanpur
Published : 26 Jul 2016, 04:30
Law enforcers conducted an operation in a suspected den in Kalyanpur’s road no 5 and adjacent areas in the wee hours of Tuesday, locals said adding gunshots and blasts were heard at around 1:00am.
Mirpur police in association with Rapid Action Battalion (Rab) launched the operation.
An anti-militant raid was under way, said a police officer, seeking anonymity.
Sohel, 20, was admitted to Dhaka Medical College and Hospital with bullet injuries, medical sources told.
- Most viewed
- Emotionally stable people are spendthrift
- Priyanka shares her bengali bride look
- 'I was raped at 16 and I kept silent'
- Wife of Malaysia's ex-PM arrives for questions in 1MDB case
- PM invited to WEF annual meeting
- Judi Dench honoured at Spain film festival
- PM urges int’l community to ensure easy transfer of technology
- Prime Minister for upholding dignity of UN peacekeeping
- 26 September Births
- Prime Minister to address 73rd Session UNGA September 27
- FIFA to upgrade flights, raise prize money for Women's World Cup
- Bangladesh Asia’s 2nd most gender equal country: WEF
- PM not interested holding dialogue with BNP
- PM flies for New York to join 73rd UNGA
- Over 300m children out of school globally: UNICEF
- PM gives flats to former national footballers, hockey player
- Plan for 5-MRT, 2-BRT, 3-tier ring road, 6-expressway: Sheikh Hasina
- Kenya lifts ban on lesbian film