Man to die for killing wife and children in Pirojpur
Published : 01 Aug 2016, 19:13
A court here today sentenced a man to death for killing his wife, daughter and son in Mathbaria upazila of the district in 2008.
The court also fined him Taka 50,000.
Additional District and Sessions Judge SM Jillur Rahman pronounced the verdict.
Court sources said the convict Alamgir Hossain, 40, is a village doctor of Uttar Pathakata village in Mathbaria upazila of the district.
The prosecution story, in brief, is that Alamgir allegedly killed his wife Hafiza, 35, son Ashrafur Rahman, 11, and daughter Jamila, 3, over his extramarital affair on June 22, 2008.
Abul Bashar, brother of Hafiza, filed a case in this connection on June 23.
Police arrested Alamgir from Mathbaria on June 24, 2008.
Later, police submitted a charge sheet of the case accusing Alamgir on September 30, 2008.
After examining the records and 26 witnesses, the judge handed down the verdict.
- Most viewed
- India invites self-financed engineering and pharmacy students from Bangladesh
- Schoolgirls deployed to collect toll for event
- Dial 109 to combat violence against women and children
- Fire at Bangladesh Bank building
- 'Not consulted by Centre on Teesta, state's interests come first'
- First child marriage under special provision of new law held in Bangladesh
- Bangladesh pitching for UN recognition of Mar 25
- Hawaii lawmaker resigns from Republican Party
- Mamata Banerjee rules out removing Bangabandhu's bust
- 20 March Deaths
- MA, MSS, MBA, MSc and M Mug exams postponed
- Guys stop doing this!
- Impulsive Facebook use cause brain imbalance
- Indonesia summons UK envoy over coral reef destruction
- PM advises children to take lessons of patriotism from early life
- 'Take vow to make developed Bangladesh'
- IS claims responsibility for Ashkona suicide blast
- PM pays homage to Bangabandhu