Man to die for killing wife and children in Pirojpur
Published : 01 Aug 2016, 19:13
A court here today sentenced a man to death for killing his wife, daughter and son in Mathbaria upazila of the district in 2008.
The court also fined him Taka 50,000.
Additional District and Sessions Judge SM Jillur Rahman pronounced the verdict.
Court sources said the convict Alamgir Hossain, 40, is a village doctor of Uttar Pathakata village in Mathbaria upazila of the district.
The prosecution story, in brief, is that Alamgir allegedly killed his wife Hafiza, 35, son Ashrafur Rahman, 11, and daughter Jamila, 3, over his extramarital affair on June 22, 2008.
Abul Bashar, brother of Hafiza, filed a case in this connection on June 23.
Police arrested Alamgir from Mathbaria on June 24, 2008.
Later, police submitted a charge sheet of the case accusing Alamgir on September 30, 2008.
After examining the records and 26 witnesses, the judge handed down the verdict.
- Most viewed
- Woman holds world record for sleeping with 919 men in one day
- Germany approves extension of Afghanistan, Mali deployments
- Dhaka University ‘Ka’, ‘Cha’ unit results published
- Indian folk singer shot dead after receiving ‘life-threat’
- Elderly woman killed in Bhola road crash
- Hillary slams Trump’s ‘dangerous’ war of words with North Korea
- 18 October Deaths
- 18 October Births
- 18 October Events