Man to die for killing wife and children in Pirojpur
Published : 01 Aug 2016, 19:13
A court here today sentenced a man to death for killing his wife, daughter and son in Mathbaria upazila of the district in 2008.
The court also fined him Taka 50,000.
Additional District and Sessions Judge SM Jillur Rahman pronounced the verdict.
Court sources said the convict Alamgir Hossain, 40, is a village doctor of Uttar Pathakata village in Mathbaria upazila of the district.
The prosecution story, in brief, is that Alamgir allegedly killed his wife Hafiza, 35, son Ashrafur Rahman, 11, and daughter Jamila, 3, over his extramarital affair on June 22, 2008.
Abul Bashar, brother of Hafiza, filed a case in this connection on June 23.
Police arrested Alamgir from Mathbaria on June 24, 2008.
Later, police submitted a charge sheet of the case accusing Alamgir on September 30, 2008.
After examining the records and 26 witnesses, the judge handed down the verdict.
- Most viewed
- Make Your Own Mango Bubble Tea
- Ever Heard of Bubble Tea? Everything You Didn't Know About This Unique Drink
- PM to visit Sunamganj haors Apr 30
- SSC results on 4 May
- 'Put people over profit to end fashion slavery'
- President, PM greet NMST's golden jubilee celebration
- Shakib Khan served legal notice
- ‘Baahubali 2: The Conclusion’ new poster shows Anushka Shetty in all her royal glory
- Pregnancy or PMS? 11 ways to spot the difference
- Dhaka-Thimphu to work in power, water resources & connectivity: Statement
- Safety rules ignored in Cox's Bazar beach
- Bangladesh students are welcome in US
- 'Ruppur nuclear power plant's construction set to begin in June'
- Bhutan to facilitate entry of Bangladeshi products
- PM returns home from Bhutan
- Policewomen honoured for their contribution
- Cabinet Secy: PayPal to start soon
- Venezuelan protests against government leave 3 dead