Man to die for killing wife and children in Pirojpur
Published : 01 Aug 2016, 19:13
A court here today sentenced a man to death for killing his wife, daughter and son in Mathbaria upazila of the district in 2008.
The court also fined him Taka 50,000.
Additional District and Sessions Judge SM Jillur Rahman pronounced the verdict.
Court sources said the convict Alamgir Hossain, 40, is a village doctor of Uttar Pathakata village in Mathbaria upazila of the district.
The prosecution story, in brief, is that Alamgir allegedly killed his wife Hafiza, 35, son Ashrafur Rahman, 11, and daughter Jamila, 3, over his extramarital affair on June 22, 2008.
Abul Bashar, brother of Hafiza, filed a case in this connection on June 23.
Police arrested Alamgir from Mathbaria on June 24, 2008.
Later, police submitted a charge sheet of the case accusing Alamgir on September 30, 2008.
After examining the records and 26 witnesses, the judge handed down the verdict.
- Most viewed
- Doob to represent Bangladesh in 91st Oscar
- Prime Minister leaves London for New York
- Rock your locks with stylish chic buns
- Tempting sev puri to satisfy your craving
- James Bond to be back in 2020
- Mother ‘hacked dead’ by ‘drug addict’ son in Kushtia
- 23 September Events
- 23 September Births
- 23 September Deaths
- 10% pass in Dhaka University ‘Ga’ unit admission test
- Bangladesh least innovative country in Asia
- Seven-day skin care routine for lovely looks
- Prime Minister to address 73rd Session UNGA September 27
- PM unveils ‘World Skills Bangladesh’ logo
- Bangladesh hand Lebanon 8-0 thrashing
- 2 hijras among 3 hurt in Savar gun attack
- PM leaves for London Friday en route to NY to join 73rd UNGA
- Instant triple talaq an offence in India