Man to die for killing wife and children in Pirojpur
Published : 01 Aug 2016, 19:13
A court here today sentenced a man to death for killing his wife, daughter and son in Mathbaria upazila of the district in 2008.
The court also fined him Taka 50,000.
Additional District and Sessions Judge SM Jillur Rahman pronounced the verdict.
Court sources said the convict Alamgir Hossain, 40, is a village doctor of Uttar Pathakata village in Mathbaria upazila of the district.
The prosecution story, in brief, is that Alamgir allegedly killed his wife Hafiza, 35, son Ashrafur Rahman, 11, and daughter Jamila, 3, over his extramarital affair on June 22, 2008.
Abul Bashar, brother of Hafiza, filed a case in this connection on June 23.
Police arrested Alamgir from Mathbaria on June 24, 2008.
Later, police submitted a charge sheet of the case accusing Alamgir on September 30, 2008.
After examining the records and 26 witnesses, the judge handed down the verdict.
- Most viewed
- ASI sued over rape in Chittagong
- Guides to pack jewellery while travelling
- New project launched to mitigate NY sound pollution
- Eurozone business activity slows: Markit survey
- Choi Soon-sil: South Korean ex-president's friend jailed
- 9 Bangladeshi women and children released from Indian jail after 4 years
- PM pays homage to Bangabandhu on AL's 68th founding anniversary
- AL to stay beside people: PM
- Give scope to AL to serve people time and again: PM
- Protect yourself from deadly brain tumours
- Banani rape indictment hearing Jul 9
- PM seeks Moroccan investment in economic zones
- 5 to die for killing housewife after rape in C’nawabganj
- Beyonce gives birth to twins
- Priyanka Chopra kicks off shooting for her second hollywood film
- Folk queen Momtaz brings two new songs this Eid
- NASA tests flexible solar array on space station
- PM hosts iftar for eminent personalities, poets, artists