3 held for allegedly raping a girl, videotaping it in Keraniganj
Published : 05 Sep 2016, 18:34
Police have arrested three men on charges of raping a girl in Dhaka’s Dakkhin Keraniganj and recording the act in a video.
The victim had lodged a case with Dakkhin Keraniganj Police Station accusing four after the incident on Saturday. One of them is absconding.
Police say one of the four is Sazzad Hossain, a worker at a pen manufacturing factory, who was the victim’s 'boyfriend'.
Sazzad took the victim to Jhilmil Housing Project area on Saturday afternoon and called his three friends – Md Arif, Md Nasir and Ripon – there.
Quoting the victim, Dakkhin Keraniganj police Inspector (investigation) Abu Sayeed Al-Mamun said: “They gang raped the girl after taking her to a secluded spot and videotaped the whole act on a mobile phone.
"Afterwards, they blackmailed the girl by threatening to publicise the video.”
Sazzad, who hails from Magura, was detained in a drive from Rajendrapur on Sunday night.
Arif and Nasir, residents of Dhaka’s Kadamtoli, were held from the Jhilmil Housing Project area with the video on Saturday night, said the inspector. Ripon is on the run.
The victim was sent to the Dhaka Medical College Hospital for medical investigation.
- Most viewed
- Over 100 die in Malaysian immigration camps in 2 years
- Shanghai streets rule by catwalks of stylish dogs
- Police drive at Nasirpur ‘militant den’ resumes
- ‘No turning back’ as Brexit triggered
- Summer skin care tips you must follow this season
- 5 fashion trends you need this summer
- Melania Trump Makes Case For Women's 'Empowerment'
- Comilla city polls begin
- 30 March Deaths
- First child marriage under special provision of new law held in Bangladesh
- 'Not consulted by Centre on Teesta, state's interests come first'
- Fire at Bangladesh Bank building
- Ex-husband of Arifa caught in Tangail
- Police name London attacker as British-born Khalid Masood
- Hawaii lawmaker resigns from Republican Party
- Schoolgirls deployed to collect toll for event
- IS claims responsibility for Sylhet blasts
- Bangladesh female hockey champs epitomize Special Olympics ideal