3 held for allegedly raping a girl, videotaping it in Keraniganj
Published : 05 Sep 2016, 18:34
Police have arrested three men on charges of raping a girl in Dhaka’s Dakkhin Keraniganj and recording the act in a video.
The victim had lodged a case with Dakkhin Keraniganj Police Station accusing four after the incident on Saturday. One of them is absconding.
Police say one of the four is Sazzad Hossain, a worker at a pen manufacturing factory, who was the victim’s 'boyfriend'.
Sazzad took the victim to Jhilmil Housing Project area on Saturday afternoon and called his three friends – Md Arif, Md Nasir and Ripon – there.
Quoting the victim, Dakkhin Keraniganj police Inspector (investigation) Abu Sayeed Al-Mamun said: “They gang raped the girl after taking her to a secluded spot and videotaped the whole act on a mobile phone.
"Afterwards, they blackmailed the girl by threatening to publicise the video.”
Sazzad, who hails from Magura, was detained in a drive from Rajendrapur on Sunday night.
Arif and Nasir, residents of Dhaka’s Kadamtoli, were held from the Jhilmil Housing Project area with the video on Saturday night, said the inspector. Ripon is on the run.
The victim was sent to the Dhaka Medical College Hospital for medical investigation.
- Most viewed
- Indian acid-attack bride finds love from a wrong number
- Alcoholism / Alcohol Use Disorder
- Tomato Salsa Dip
- Rumana Monzur graduates from law school
- Attempt to rape case filed against Ctg OC, two other cops
- Day labourer turns successful retailer
- Benefits of different teas
- Taylor Swift keeping Joe Alwyn romance 'private'
- JICA will never stop cooperation with Bangladesh: JICA chief
- Banani rape: Cops allowed for forensic test on mobiles of Shafat, Sakif
- 'Unplanned Tourism Effects Biodiversity of Cox’s Bazar'
- Cannes 2017: Aishwarya unleashes glamour in red gown
- Death toll in Manchester blast rises to 22
- 19 killed in terror blast at UK pop concert
- PM accorded warm reception in Saudi Arabia
- New Zealand space launch has nation reaching for the stars
- 21 May Deaths
- Change Maker: Seven stand strong