Police cordon off Ashkona house, 2 women surrender
Published : 24 Dec 2016, 10:58
Two women surrendered to police along with two babies after the law enforcement cordoned off a building at Ashkona in Dhaka in a pre-dawn drive on Saturday on suspicion of being a terror den.
Two women surrendered to them along with two children in the morning, police said, adding that they were taken away from the place in a microbus.
Police’s Counter Terrorism and Transnational Crime unit chief Monirul Islam said a leader of the Neo-JMB is staying in one of the flats of the building along with his associates. They have powerful grenades, and they announced to resist any attack with the grenades.
Special police force SWAT, civil defence force and ambulances are deployed there.
Source: Prothom Alo
- Most viewed
- PM for time-bound, result-oriented SAARC programmes
- Mother, child killed in Panchagarh road accident
- Strong storms kill 20 in southeast US
- 24 January Deaths
- 24 January Births
- 24 January Events
- 'Wife' claims Bangladesh cricketer Arafat Sunny demanded dowry, assault
- Hasina calls Bangladesh Police to defend democratic values
- Two get life sentences for rape of Pirojpur school student
- Effectiveness of SAARC yet to end: PM
- Over 200 arrested during anti-Trump protests
- 8.0 quake hits Papua New Guinea, tsunami warning issued
- Three hundred Chandpur schoolgirls get bicycles
- PM returns home
- 18 January Births
- All-female Afghan orchestra puts women's rights at Davos center stage (video)
- 11-Year-Old Gangraped Twice Allegedly By 7 Minors In Meghalaya
- Air strike on refugee camp in Nigeria kills 52 civilians