Police cordon off Ashkona house, 2 women surrender
Published : 24 Dec 2016, 10:58
Two women surrendered to police along with two babies after the law enforcement cordoned off a building at Ashkona in Dhaka in a pre-dawn drive on Saturday on suspicion of being a terror den.
Two women surrendered to them along with two children in the morning, police said, adding that they were taken away from the place in a microbus.
Police’s Counter Terrorism and Transnational Crime unit chief Monirul Islam said a leader of the Neo-JMB is staying in one of the flats of the building along with his associates. They have powerful grenades, and they announced to resist any attack with the grenades.
Special police force SWAT, civil defence force and ambulances are deployed there.
Source: Prothom Alo
- Most viewed
- Sunny Leone opens up on casting couch in Bollywood
- Stay alert against defeated forces: PM
- Sheikh Hasina reaches Suhrawady Udyan
- Jessia to join grand finale of Miss World, 2017
- Woman accuses US Senator of unwanted groping, kiss
- This is when women are most likely to cheat on their partner
- Why women are happier being single than men
- PM witnesses Dhaka Opera House design
- PM opens BLLISS-2017
- Amy Schumer ‘dating’ chef Chris Fischer
- Myanmar's Suu Kyi now benefits from Southeast Asia's silence
- 18-month-old girl allegedly raped by caretaker
- Queen Elizabeth, Prince Philip celebrate 70th wedding anniversary
- Right to a healthy future
- Sessions vows Clinton probe on emails
- Women less likely to get CPR from bystanders: Study
- UN chief meets Myanmar's Suu Kyi on Rohingya crisis
- Role of women in climate action recognised at UN climate conf