Police cordon off Ashkona house, 2 women surrender
Published : 24 Dec 2016, 10:58
Two women surrendered to police along with two babies after the law enforcement cordoned off a building at Ashkona in Dhaka in a pre-dawn drive on Saturday on suspicion of being a terror den.
Two women surrendered to them along with two children in the morning, police said, adding that they were taken away from the place in a microbus.
Police’s Counter Terrorism and Transnational Crime unit chief Monirul Islam said a leader of the Neo-JMB is staying in one of the flats of the building along with his associates. They have powerful grenades, and they announced to resist any attack with the grenades.
Special police force SWAT, civil defence force and ambulances are deployed there.
Source: Prothom Alo
- Most viewed
- Woman commits suicide after killing daughter
- Ivy released from hospital
- 23 January Deaths
- 23 January Births
- 23 January Events
- PM releases stamp, first day cover on Int'l Customs Day
- 7 reasons you should use vegan products
- How to make someone fall in love with you: According to science
- Six reasons why you should wear sunglasses in the cold season
- Committee formed to implement 9th wage board for journos: Tarana
- Strong Coast Guard important for world maritime security: US
- PM urges developed countries to stand beside Bangladesh
- Indian girl dies after gang rapists rupture her lungs
- Priyanka Chopra lets go of her diet on her vacation!
- Katy Perry in 'tough conversations' with her record label
- UN rapporteur determined to follow up thwarted mission
- British MPs approve landmark Brexit bill
- Militants kill mother-daughter polio workers in Pakistan