Police cordon off Ashkona house, 2 women surrender
Published : 24 Dec 2016, 10:58
Two women surrendered to police along with two babies after the law enforcement cordoned off a building at Ashkona in Dhaka in a pre-dawn drive on Saturday on suspicion of being a terror den.
Two women surrendered to them along with two children in the morning, police said, adding that they were taken away from the place in a microbus.
Police’s Counter Terrorism and Transnational Crime unit chief Monirul Islam said a leader of the Neo-JMB is staying in one of the flats of the building along with his associates. They have powerful grenades, and they announced to resist any attack with the grenades.
Special police force SWAT, civil defence force and ambulances are deployed there.
Source: Prothom Alo
- Most viewed
- Model Kazi Asif freed on bail
- EU leader says current Iran nuclear deal should be kept
- Housewife ‘mistakenly’ shot dead in Feni
- PM Sheikh Hasina to leave Dhaka for Australia Thursday
- Indian court finds spiritual guru guilty of raping devotee
- Woman held with 9 lakh Indian rupees
- 25 April Deaths
- 25 April Births
- 25 April Events
- Queen tips Prince Charles to follow her as Commonwealth head
- PM returns home from London
- PM calls for Commonwealth’s comprehensive reform
- Amorous couples, sex workers whipped in Indonesia's Aceh
- PM exchanges greetings with British Queen
- 3 resident students of DU hall brought back
- Ostrich chicks, gold ornaments seized in Satkhira
- Husband kills wife for dowry
- Science Says: Amount of straws, plastic pollution is huge