Police cordon off Ashkona house, 2 women surrender
Published : 24 Dec 2016, 10:58
Two women surrendered to police along with two babies after the law enforcement cordoned off a building at Ashkona in Dhaka in a pre-dawn drive on Saturday on suspicion of being a terror den.
Two women surrendered to them along with two children in the morning, police said, adding that they were taken away from the place in a microbus.
Police’s Counter Terrorism and Transnational Crime unit chief Monirul Islam said a leader of the Neo-JMB is staying in one of the flats of the building along with his associates. They have powerful grenades, and they announced to resist any attack with the grenades.
Special police force SWAT, civil defence force and ambulances are deployed there.
Source: Prothom Alo
- Most viewed
- Over 100 die in Malaysian immigration camps in 2 years
- Shanghai streets rule by catwalks of stylish dogs
- Police drive at Nasirpur ‘militant den’ resumes
- ‘No turning back’ as Brexit triggered
- Summer skin care tips you must follow this season
- 5 fashion trends you need this summer
- Melania Trump Makes Case For Women's 'Empowerment'
- Comilla city polls begin
- 30 March Deaths
- First child marriage under special provision of new law held in Bangladesh
- 'Not consulted by Centre on Teesta, state's interests come first'
- Fire at Bangladesh Bank building
- Ex-husband of Arifa caught in Tangail
- Police name London attacker as British-born Khalid Masood
- Hawaii lawmaker resigns from Republican Party
- Schoolgirls deployed to collect toll for event
- IS claims responsibility for Sylhet blasts
- Bangladesh female hockey champs epitomize Special Olympics ideal