Published : 26 Dec 2016, 14:46
A schoolgirl was stabbed in Joypurhat late Friday night by unidentified persons. The victim has been admitted at Dhaka Medical College Hospital (DMCH) and remains unconscious for three days now. Her condition is critical as she is still hemorrhaging from her brain.
The schoolgirl’ mother found her in her bedroom, bleeding profusely from stab injuries on her head in the early hours on Friday. She was stripped of her clothing. Her father suspects someone must have entered their house over the wall at midnight and tried to rape the girl, and then stabbed her.
He also said they do not have any enemies nor had anyone been stalking her.
The victim’s uncle has filed a case with the Kalai police station against unknown miscreants on Saturday, but no one has been arrested in this connection yet.
The Kalai police station inspector (investigation) Biswajit Barman said they are trying to arrest the culprits.
Source: Prothom Alo
- Most viewed
- Smell like roses: Use the petals to treat acne and de-stress. We tell you how
- Photos: Mire madness as hundreds run, crawl and fight at Boryeong Mud Festival
- Sonakshi Sinha: I was always the pampered one
- Shield your kids from monsoon woes
- Make quality films upholding history, culture: PM
- Thai govt to seize 12 of Yingluck’s bank accounts
- 4 killed in Cox’s Bazar landslides
- 25 July Deaths
- 25 July Births
- Tahsan, Mithila announce their divorce
- 5 members of ‘rapist gang’ held in city
- Students clash with cops at Shahbagh demanding exam dates
- Unidentified girl dies at DMCH, 12 days after rescue in senseless state
- Bangladeshi gets 11 years’ jail for raping tourist in Singapore
- 22 July Deaths
- Cop’s wife found dead in Jessore
- Minneapolis police chief resigns after Australian woman's shooting
- 22 July Births