NCC mayor, councilors take oath
Published : 05 Jan 2017, 15:06
Selina Hayat Ivy has taken oath as the mayor of Narayanganj City Corporation (NCC) today.
Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina administered the oath at a function at Prime Minister's Office (PMO) this morning.
Ivy was reelected mayor of Narayanganj City for the second time in the polls held on December 22, 2016.
Elected 27 general councilors and nine women councilors of reserved seats also took oath today.
Local Government, Rural Development and Cooperatives Minister Khandaker Mosharraf Hossain administered the oath to all elected councilors.
Minister for Road Transport and Bridges Obaidul Kader attended the function conducted by Abdul Malek, secretary of the LGRD Ministry.
Cabinet members, PM's advisors and leaders of different political parties and senior officials were present.
After the oath taking ceremony, the mayor and the councilors took photograph with the prime minister.
- Most viewed
- PM defends Rampal Plant in interaction with Gore at WEF
- 39 jailed in India for trafficking 7 Bangladeshis, dozens of Indians
- 15 school children feared killed in road accident in India
- PM for utilising transboundary freshwater resources
- 19 January Deaths
- 19 January Births
- 19 January Events
- Journo Shahidul Huq's wife Shamsun Nahar passes away
- Shakira asks Davos elite to nurture future leaders
- PM urges partymen to overcome challenging days ahead
- PM arrives in Zurich to attend WEF meeting
- PM joins Biswa Ijtema Akheri Munajat
- 13 bodies found, scores of migrants feared dead in Mediterranean
- 26 get death in seven-murder trial
- India boat accident toll rises to 26, more dead feared
- 6 killed, 15 injured in Comilla road accident
- Climate change shows in shrinking Antarctic snows
- 16 January Births