NCC mayor, councilors take oath
Published : 05 Jan 2017, 15:06
Selina Hayat Ivy has taken oath as the mayor of Narayanganj City Corporation (NCC) today.
Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina administered the oath at a function at Prime Minister's Office (PMO) this morning.
Ivy was reelected mayor of Narayanganj City for the second time in the polls held on December 22, 2016.
Elected 27 general councilors and nine women councilors of reserved seats also took oath today.
Local Government, Rural Development and Cooperatives Minister Khandaker Mosharraf Hossain administered the oath to all elected councilors.
Minister for Road Transport and Bridges Obaidul Kader attended the function conducted by Abdul Malek, secretary of the LGRD Ministry.
Cabinet members, PM's advisors and leaders of different political parties and senior officials were present.
After the oath taking ceremony, the mayor and the councilors took photograph with the prime minister.
- Most viewed
- People suffer for countrywide transport strike
- HC halts gas price hike for 6 months
- SpaceX to send two tourists around Moon in 2018
- Reasons of post-pregnancy weight gain
- Humans spark most US wildfires: study
- 8 Dead, 30 Injured After Bus Plunges Into Canal In Andhra Pradesh
- 5 JMB men given death penalty for killing Kunio Hoshi
- 28 February Deaths
- 28 February Births
- PM urges brands, buyers to help overhaul garment factories
- Modern multi-storied food warehouse ready for opening at Santahar
- Gas price hike: CPB, BSD call hartal in Dhaka Feb 28
- President, PM pay tributes to Pilkhana martyrs
- Khadiza goes back home
- Sports village to be constructed at Padmar char: PM
- 82,000 tonnes winter vegetables produced in Narsingdi
- JU VC honored as first woman VC to public university
- Medical student killed in Dhaka road accident