NCC mayor, councilors take oath
Published : 05 Jan 2017, 15:06
Selina Hayat Ivy has taken oath as the mayor of Narayanganj City Corporation (NCC) today.
Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina administered the oath at a function at Prime Minister's Office (PMO) this morning.
Ivy was reelected mayor of Narayanganj City for the second time in the polls held on December 22, 2016.
Elected 27 general councilors and nine women councilors of reserved seats also took oath today.
Local Government, Rural Development and Cooperatives Minister Khandaker Mosharraf Hossain administered the oath to all elected councilors.
Minister for Road Transport and Bridges Obaidul Kader attended the function conducted by Abdul Malek, secretary of the LGRD Ministry.
Cabinet members, PM's advisors and leaders of different political parties and senior officials were present.
After the oath taking ceremony, the mayor and the councilors took photograph with the prime minister.
- Most viewed
- Maintain your cosmetic jewellery in easy steps
- Honey is your best friend in winters
- Britain' s May seeks to broaden Brexit talks amid deadlock
- Canadian minister calls on Speaker Dr Shirin Sharmin Chaudury
- Use apricot oil on nails, exfoliate hands weekly in winter
- Man to die for killing wife in Gazipur
- Canada stands by Bangladesh on Rohingya issue
- I'm trying to run country with honesty: PM
- PM rules out major foodgrain shortfall in the country
- Stay alert against defeated forces: PM
- Sunny Leone opens up on casting couch in Bollywood
- Jessia to join grand finale of Miss World, 2017
- Man to die for killing wife in Chittagong
- Sheikh Hasina reaches Suhrawady Udyan
- Germany, Sweden, EU extend strong support to Bangladesh for Rohingyas
- Sonia slams govt's arrogance
- Skincare myths demystified
- Group calls for Indonesian forces to stop virginity tests