NCC mayor, councilors take oath
Published : 05 Jan 2017, 15:06
Selina Hayat Ivy has taken oath as the mayor of Narayanganj City Corporation (NCC) today.
Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina administered the oath at a function at Prime Minister's Office (PMO) this morning.
Ivy was reelected mayor of Narayanganj City for the second time in the polls held on December 22, 2016.
Elected 27 general councilors and nine women councilors of reserved seats also took oath today.
Local Government, Rural Development and Cooperatives Minister Khandaker Mosharraf Hossain administered the oath to all elected councilors.
Minister for Road Transport and Bridges Obaidul Kader attended the function conducted by Abdul Malek, secretary of the LGRD Ministry.
Cabinet members, PM's advisors and leaders of different political parties and senior officials were present.
After the oath taking ceremony, the mayor and the councilors took photograph with the prime minister.
- Most viewed
- Make Your Own Mango Bubble Tea
- Ever Heard of Bubble Tea? Everything You Didn't Know About This Unique Drink
- PM to visit Sunamganj haors Apr 30
- SSC results on 4 May
- 'Put people over profit to end fashion slavery'
- President, PM greet NMST's golden jubilee celebration
- Shakib Khan served legal notice
- ‘Baahubali 2: The Conclusion’ new poster shows Anushka Shetty in all her royal glory
- Pregnancy or PMS? 11 ways to spot the difference
- Dhaka-Thimphu to work in power, water resources & connectivity: Statement
- Safety rules ignored in Cox's Bazar beach
- Bangladesh students are welcome in US
- 'Ruppur nuclear power plant's construction set to begin in June'
- Bhutan to facilitate entry of Bangladeshi products
- PM returns home from Bhutan
- Policewomen honoured for their contribution
- Cabinet Secy: PayPal to start soon
- Venezuelan protests against government leave 3 dead