NCC mayor, councilors take oath
Published : 05 Jan 2017, 15:06
Selina Hayat Ivy has taken oath as the mayor of Narayanganj City Corporation (NCC) today.
Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina administered the oath at a function at Prime Minister's Office (PMO) this morning.
Ivy was reelected mayor of Narayanganj City for the second time in the polls held on December 22, 2016.
Elected 27 general councilors and nine women councilors of reserved seats also took oath today.
Local Government, Rural Development and Cooperatives Minister Khandaker Mosharraf Hossain administered the oath to all elected councilors.
Minister for Road Transport and Bridges Obaidul Kader attended the function conducted by Abdul Malek, secretary of the LGRD Ministry.
Cabinet members, PM's advisors and leaders of different political parties and senior officials were present.
After the oath taking ceremony, the mayor and the councilors took photograph with the prime minister.
- Most viewed
- 'Wasn’t fortunate enough to find IS'
- RAB Intelligence chief being taken to Singapore for treatment
- 26 March Deaths
- 26 March Births
- 26 March Events
- IS claims responsibility for Sylhet blasts
- Father hands over 2 sons to cops suspecting militants
- Bangladesh Bank Fire: Electric short circuit may be to blame
- Independence day today: Of valour and bravery
- Eurovision 2017: Ukraine bars Russian singer Samoilova from contest
- Cabinet approves draft law for planned land uses
- First child marriage under special provision of new law held in Bangladesh
- 'Blessed to work with 'Quantico' actors'
- 'Not consulted by Centre on Teesta, state's interests come first'
- ‘Beauty’ proves a beast in box-office
- Sleep apnea in kids may affect mental skills
- 'Sex assault' streamed on Facebook Live
- Fire at Bangladesh Bank building