Speaker mourns death of Mostafa Faruque Mohammad
Published : 05 Jan 2017, 15:07
Speaker of the Jatiya Sangsad Dr Shirin Sharmin Chaudhury today expressed deep shock at the death of former Information and Communication Technology (ICT) Minister Mostafa Faruque Mohammad, said an official release here.
In a condolence message, Dr Sharmin said Mostafa Faruque Mohammad was a dedicated politician, noted diplomat and social worker. "The country has lost an experienced politician and social worker in his death," said the Speaker.
The Speaker prayed for eternal peace of the departed soul and conveyed deep sympathy to the bereaved family members.
Deputy Speaker Mohammad Fazley Rabbi Mia and Chief Whip ASM Feroz also have expressed deep shock at the death of Mostafa Faruque Mohammad.
Foreign Minister Abul Hasan Mahmood Ali has expressed profound shock at the death of noted ruling party leader, diplomat and freedom fighter Mostafa Faruque Mohammad.
Mostafa Faruque Mohammad died at a city hospital last night at the age of 74.
He is survived by wife and two daughters to mourn his death.
- Most viewed
- PM for time-bound, result-oriented SAARC programmes
- Mother, child killed in Panchagarh road accident
- Strong storms kill 20 in southeast US
- 24 January Deaths
- 24 January Births
- 24 January Events
- 'Wife' claims Bangladesh cricketer Arafat Sunny demanded dowry, assault
- Hasina calls Bangladesh Police to defend democratic values
- Two get life sentences for rape of Pirojpur school student
- Effectiveness of SAARC yet to end: PM
- Over 200 arrested during anti-Trump protests
- 8.0 quake hits Papua New Guinea, tsunami warning issued
- Three hundred Chandpur schoolgirls get bicycles
- PM returns home
- 18 January Births
- All-female Afghan orchestra puts women's rights at Davos center stage (video)
- 11-Year-Old Gangraped Twice Allegedly By 7 Minors In Meghalaya
- Air strike on refugee camp in Nigeria kills 52 civilians