PM pays homage to Bangabandhu on Homecoming Day
Published : 10 Jan 2017, 14:34
Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina today paid rich tributes to Father of the Nation Bangabandhu Sheikh Mujibur Rahman on the occasion of the Homecoming Day of the great leader.
The premier paid the homage by placing wreaths at the portrait of the Father of the Nation in front of Bangabandhu Memorial Museum at Dhanmondi in the city this morning.
After laying the wreaths, the prime minister stood in solemn silence for sometime as a mark of profound respect to the memory of Bangabandhu, the architect of independence.
Flanked by central leaders of the party, Sheikh Hasina, also the president of Bangladesh Awami League, placed another wreath at the portrait of Bangabandhu on behalf of her party.
Later, the leaders of AL's associate bodies, including Jubo League, Chhatra League, Sramik League, Mohila Awami League, Sechchhasebak League, Jubo Mohila League, Krishak League, Dhaka city AL and other socio-cultural organizations laid wreaths at the portrait of Bangabandhu.
On this day in 1972, Bangabandhu Sheikh Mujibur Rahman returned to independent Bangladesh after nine and a half months of captivity in a
Since then, the nation is observing the day as the Homecoming Day of Bangabandhu.
- Most viewed
- 12 tips on how to maintain wooden floors
- World running out of antibiotics!
- Five foods you should avoid eating on empty stomach
- Cranberries may help cut urinary tract infections
- The secret to a perfect dish
- Force Myanmar to take back Rohingyas, Prime Minister to IOM DG
- Malala, you inspire women like me: Priyanka Chopra
- The mysterious wife of 2 world presidents
- PM calls for taking private sector on board for SDG financing
- Friend’s kidney helps Selena Gomez fight lupus
- Woman burnt to death ‘by husband’ for failing to get MBBS seat
- ‘SDG Tracker’ & Publication on South South launched
- Trump assures PM of all supports on Rohingya issue
- Woman dies for ‘medical negligence’ after childbirth
- Schoolgirl hacked in Savar, stalker held
- PM reaffirms Bangladesh's commitment to end sexual abuse of peacekeepers
- Preparation on to celebrate Durga puja
- PM flies to NY today to join UNGA