PM pays homage to Bangabandhu on Homecoming Day
Published : 10 Jan 2017, 14:34
Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina today paid rich tributes to Father of the Nation Bangabandhu Sheikh Mujibur Rahman on the occasion of the Homecoming Day of the great leader.
The premier paid the homage by placing wreaths at the portrait of the Father of the Nation in front of Bangabandhu Memorial Museum at Dhanmondi in the city this morning.
After laying the wreaths, the prime minister stood in solemn silence for sometime as a mark of profound respect to the memory of Bangabandhu, the architect of independence.
Flanked by central leaders of the party, Sheikh Hasina, also the president of Bangladesh Awami League, placed another wreath at the portrait of Bangabandhu on behalf of her party.
Later, the leaders of AL's associate bodies, including Jubo League, Chhatra League, Sramik League, Mohila Awami League, Sechchhasebak League, Jubo Mohila League, Krishak League, Dhaka city AL and other socio-cultural organizations laid wreaths at the portrait of Bangabandhu.
On this day in 1972, Bangabandhu Sheikh Mujibur Rahman returned to independent Bangladesh after nine and a half months of captivity in a
Since then, the nation is observing the day as the Homecoming Day of Bangabandhu.
- Most viewed
- Housewife slaughtered after gang rape
- PM gives donations to FFs, their heirs
- PM seeks to ensure educational support for every child
- Raudha’s father wants justice for his daughter
- Lively, Chastain, Chelsea Clinton honored for philanthropic work
- No thanks to technology
- How to make Soya Chunks Salad
- Margot Robbie to play queen Elizabeth
- 23 April Deaths
- Dhaka, Thimphu to ink 6 MoUs during PM's Bhutan tour
- Widow allowance changes lives of destitute women
- Genuine users getting back Facebook accounts
- Trump to seek changes in visa prog
- Bhutan rolls out red carpet for Sheikh Hasina
- May calls for early general polls
- "World class" medical research facility opens in Australia
- Kvitova enters French Open draw
- 'Raabta' trailer: Sushant Singh Rajput-Kriti Sanon weave magic with their dreamy chemistry