PM condoles death of ex-city Jubo League general secy
Published : 03 Feb 2017, 19:19
Awami League (AL) President and Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina yesterday expressed deep shock at the death of Shibnath Ghosh Shibu, the former acting general secretary of Dhaka city Awami Jubo League.
In a condolence message, the premier prayed for salvation of the departed soul and conveyed profound sympathy to the bereaved family.
Shibu died at a city hospital early this morning at the age of 62, an AL press release said.
He is survived by his wife, two daughters as well as a host of relatives and admirers.
In a separate condolence message, AL General Secretary and Road Transport and Bridges Minister Obaidul Quader mourned the death of Shibu.
- Most viewed
- Abortion clinics to lose funding under new Trump rule
- Chun leads rain-hit Kingsmill Championship by one shot
- President, PM for ensuring accuracy in weights, measures
- Prince Harry, Meghan Markle wed in Windsor as millions watch
- Ramadan Recipes: How to Easily Make Basbousa
- Clooneys, Beckhams arrive for royal wedding
- It's all about the well-plumed hats for royal wedding guests
- Sheikh Hasina, Modi to meet in Santiniketan
- Kamala Bhattacharya: First female martyr in Bengali Language Movement
- Mallika Sherawat locks herself in a cage for a cause
- Around 60 babies a day born in Rohingya camps in Bangladesh: UNICEF
- PM Sheikh Hasina’s Homecoming Day Today
- SC decision on Khaleda’s bail Wednesday
- Rape accused killed in Feni ‘gunfight’
- Prime Minister asks police to provide proper service
- Why Cannes outings don't affect Aishwarya
- Saima for incorporating mental healthcare in disaster management plan
- Militancy now under control: Prime Minister