PM condoles death of ex-city Jubo League general secy
Published : 03 Feb 2017, 19:19
Awami League (AL) President and Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina yesterday expressed deep shock at the death of Shibnath Ghosh Shibu, the former acting general secretary of Dhaka city Awami Jubo League.
In a condolence message, the premier prayed for salvation of the departed soul and conveyed profound sympathy to the bereaved family.
Shibu died at a city hospital early this morning at the age of 62, an AL press release said.
He is survived by his wife, two daughters as well as a host of relatives and admirers.
In a separate condolence message, AL General Secretary and Road Transport and Bridges Minister Obaidul Quader mourned the death of Shibu.
- Most viewed
- ‘Half Girlfriend’ motion poster: It's complicated between Shraddha Kapoor and Arjun Kapoor
- WHO to continue help Bangladesh combat three major diseases
- Bangladesh improves quickly in socioeconomic index: Speaker
- Shreya Ghosal perform at ICCB
- Made in Bangladesh
- March 29 Deaths
- March 29 Births
- March 29 Events
- 3 bodies recovered in Bagerhat trawler capsize
- First child marriage under special provision of new law held in Bangladesh
- 'Not consulted by Centre on Teesta, state's interests come first'
- Fire at Bangladesh Bank building
- Ex-husband of Arifa caught in Tangail
- Police name London attacker as British-born Khalid Masood
- Hawaii lawmaker resigns from Republican Party
- Schoolgirls deployed to collect toll for event
- Bangladesh female hockey champs epitomize Special Olympics ideal
- IS claims responsibility for Sylhet blasts