PM condoles death of ex-city Jubo League general secy
Published : 03 Feb 2017, 19:19
Awami League (AL) President and Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina yesterday expressed deep shock at the death of Shibnath Ghosh Shibu, the former acting general secretary of Dhaka city Awami Jubo League.
In a condolence message, the premier prayed for salvation of the departed soul and conveyed profound sympathy to the bereaved family.
Shibu died at a city hospital early this morning at the age of 62, an AL press release said.
He is survived by his wife, two daughters as well as a host of relatives and admirers.
In a separate condolence message, AL General Secretary and Road Transport and Bridges Minister Obaidul Quader mourned the death of Shibu.
- Most viewed
- 'Sex and the City' star enters New York governor race
- Speaker off to Saudi to perform Umrah
- Zuckerberg apologises for Facebook data debacle
- People of Bangladesh can achieve anything
- Bangladesh set to celebrate LDC graduation eligibility
- 4 held over Garo woman, daughter murdered
- Gang-rape in microbus: Mastermind held in Manikganj
- PM honored at LDC graduation ceremony
- BD seeks UN support for its inclusive approach towards women dev
- Jacqueline Fernandez gets into Madhuri Dixit mode
- First injured Bangladeshi victim of Nepal plane crash brought to Dhaka
- Tasmania elects majority of women in Australia state first
- Bangabandhu's 99th birthday being celebrated
- Barbecued Lamb with Mashed Potatoes Recipe
- Govt efforts helped BD attain criteria to graduate from LDC: PM
- Bangladesh eligible for LDC graduation
- Donald Trump Jr’s wife files for divorce
- Magura man ‘kills’ wife for dowry