PM condoles death of ex-city Jubo League general secy
Published : 03 Feb 2017, 19:19
Awami League (AL) President and Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina yesterday expressed deep shock at the death of Shibnath Ghosh Shibu, the former acting general secretary of Dhaka city Awami Jubo League.
In a condolence message, the premier prayed for salvation of the departed soul and conveyed profound sympathy to the bereaved family.
Shibu died at a city hospital early this morning at the age of 62, an AL press release said.
He is survived by his wife, two daughters as well as a host of relatives and admirers.
In a separate condolence message, AL General Secretary and Road Transport and Bridges Minister Obaidul Quader mourned the death of Shibu.
- Most viewed
- Fettuccine Paneer Alfredo
- PM expects Bangladesh to produce swimming talents
- Moulvibazar school students, guardians protest 'sexual harassment' by headmaster
- Banani rape: Nayem Ashraf confessing at court
- Crying toddler found drinking milk from dead mother (Heartbreaking video)
- Kidman wants more films by women
- Theresa May to press Trump over bomb photo leaks
- 50 RMG employee fall sick for hot weather
- PM greets Tigers on their victory against Kiwis
- Banani hotel rape charge 'credible', police say
- Swatch of No-ground: A treasure trove of marine lives
- 'Unplanned Tourism Effects Biodiversity of Cox’s Bazar'
- Banani rape: Cops allowed for forensic test on mobiles of Shafat, Sakif
- Cannes 2017: Aishwarya unleashes glamour in red gown
- Blackberry working on anti-hack tool
- 19 killed in terror blast at UK pop concert
- Death toll in Manchester blast rises to 22
- PM accorded warm reception in Saudi Arabia