Hasina to visit India from 7 to 10 April: Jt statement
Published : 14 Mar 2017, 17:33
Bangladesh and India on Tuesday issued a joint statement saying prime minister Sheikh Hasina would visit New Delhi from 7 to 10 April.
"Her Excellency Sheikh Hasina, Hon'ble Prime Minister of Bangladesh, will be visiting India on a State visit from 07-10 April 2017 on an invitation extended by Hon'ble Prime Minister of India His Excellency Shri Narendra Modi," read the statement issued jointly by Bangladesh and Indian foreign ministries.
The two leaders, it said, would hold official talks in the Indian capital on 8 April.
The Bangladesh premier last visited India in January 2010 which was reciprocated by her Indian counterpart in June 2015.
"The upcoming visit is expected to further expand the cordial and cooperative relationship between India and Bangladesh and build on the strong ties of friendship and trust between the two leaders," the statement read.
Sheikh Hasina was originally scheduled to visit last year, but it was postponed on a number of occasions.
- Most viewed
- Emotionally stable people are spendthrift
- Priyanka shares her bengali bride look
- 'I was raped at 16 and I kept silent'
- Wife of Malaysia's ex-PM arrives for questions in 1MDB case
- PM invited to WEF annual meeting
- Judi Dench honoured at Spain film festival
- PM urges int’l community to ensure easy transfer of technology
- Prime Minister for upholding dignity of UN peacekeeping
- 26 September Births
- Prime Minister to address 73rd Session UNGA September 27
- FIFA to upgrade flights, raise prize money for Women's World Cup
- Bangladesh Asia’s 2nd most gender equal country: WEF
- PM not interested holding dialogue with BNP
- PM flies for New York to join 73rd UNGA
- Over 300m children out of school globally: UNICEF
- PM gives flats to former national footballers, hockey player
- Plan for 5-MRT, 2-BRT, 3-tier ring road, 6-expressway: Sheikh Hasina
- Kenya lifts ban on lesbian film