Minor girl violated in Joypurhat
Published : 17 Mar 2017, 23:22
A minor girl has been raped by a young man at Srimantapur village in Panchbibi upazila.
Victim's father filed a case with Panchbibi Police Station in connection with the incident on Thursday night, said officer-in-charge Ashraful Islam of the police station.
According to the case statement, Shahid Hossain, son of Mamtaz Uddin of the village, enticed the girl, a Class-IV student, to his house around 9am on Tuesday while she was going to her school.
Later, Shahid raped the girl keeping her confined to a room.
In the afternoon, the girl tactically ran away from the house and narrated the brutality to her mother after returning home.
The victim was sent to Joypurhat Zila Modern Hospital for medical test, the OC said, adding that they were trying to arrest Shahid who went into hiding after committing the crime.
- Most viewed
- 6 women ‘militants’ held in Panchagarh
- March 27 Deaths
- March 27 Births
- March 27 Events
- UK police still believe London attacker was acting alone
- Two killed, more ‘well-trained’ militants inside, says army in Sylhet
- Families of Sylhet blast victims wail in misery
- Police put on alert across Bangladesh
- PM calls on 'misguided militants' to return to normal life
- Eurovision 2017: Ukraine bars Russian singer Samoilova from contest
- First child marriage under special provision of new law held in Bangladesh
- 'Blessed to work with 'Quantico' actors'
- 'Not consulted by Centre on Teesta, state's interests come first'
- Sleep apnea in kids may affect mental skills
- 'Sex assault' streamed on Facebook Live
- Fire at Bangladesh Bank building
- ECNEC approves mega project for health sector
- 'Bangladesh role model in women's advancement'