IS claims responsibility for Ashkona suicide blast
Published : 18 Mar 2017, 12:44
The Islamic State (IS) has claimed the responsibility for the suicide blast at the RAB office in Dhaka city’s Ashkona area on Friday that took the life of the suspected attacker and injured two RAB men, according to Amaq News Agency, run by the Islamic State (IS) militants.
The Middle East-based militant outfit's news agency Amaq made the announcement on SITE Intellegence Group website.
A suicide bomber rattled the Ashkona RAB office on Friday afternoon, killing himself by detonating a bomb.
RAB's legal and media wing director Mufti Mahmud Khan said a young man was trying to enter the camp. When the RAB members challenged him, he detonated a bomb that was strapped to his body.
The blast killed him on the spot and injured two RAB members.
His body has been defaced by the seismic blast.
The suicide bomber is about 25 years' old, said RAB officials.
Source: Prothom Alo
- Most viewed
- Magical good luck plants and trees for home
- Use potato slices to treat puffy eyes
- Jatrabari school teacher held over ‘sexual harassment’
- PM visits Rajshahi tomorrow
- Microsoft introduces Bangla version ‘Kaizala’
- President, PM pay homage to language martyrs
- Nation pays homage to language martyrs
- 21 February Deaths
- 21 February Births
- Open Access Movement for Open Data, Education and Research
- Woman who got attention by giving birth to 7 kids has died
- Jennifer Aniston, Justin Theroux separate
- Khaleda can’t run polls in present context: CEC
- At least 17 killed in US school shooting
- Housewife hacked to death in Sylhet, 2 held
- 21 women raped, assaulted on public transport in 13 months: Report
- Youth to die for killing Sherpur housewife
- Momena, Asmaul self-radicalised through internet videos: Cops