Banani rape: Bodyguard, driver remanded
Published : 16 May 2017, 16:20
The bodyguard and driver of Ahmed Shafat, prime accused in the Banani double rape, have been remanded in connection with the case filed over the rape.
Shafat’s driver Billal and his bodyguard Rahmat, who said to have assisted the rape at Raintree hotel in Dhaka's Banani on March 28, were arrested last night and produced before a court in Dhaka today.
Investigation Officer of the case Israt Jahan Amy, inspector of victim support centre, sought the duo in 10-days of remand for quizzing over the rape incident.
Dhaka Metropolitan Magistrate Loshkar Sohel Rana granted police to take bodyguard Rahman for four days and driver Billal three days in remand for questioning.
Four people, including Ahmed Shafat – son of the owner of Apan Jewellers – have been arrested. Shafat and his friend are now in remand. Cops say they have found evidence of rape from their primary testimonial.
The other accused Nayem Ashraf alias Halim is still on the run.
- Most viewed
- 12 tips on how to maintain wooden floors
- World running out of antibiotics!
- Five foods you should avoid eating on empty stomach
- Cranberries may help cut urinary tract infections
- The secret to a perfect dish
- Force Myanmar to take back Rohingyas, Prime Minister to IOM DG
- Malala, you inspire women like me: Priyanka Chopra
- The mysterious wife of 2 world presidents
- PM calls for taking private sector on board for SDG financing
- Friend’s kidney helps Selena Gomez fight lupus
- Woman burnt to death ‘by husband’ for failing to get MBBS seat
- Woman dies for ‘medical negligence’ after childbirth
- Trump assures PM of all supports on Rohingya issue
- ‘SDG Tracker’ & Publication on South South launched
- Schoolgirl hacked in Savar, stalker held
- PM reaffirms Bangladesh's commitment to end sexual abuse of peacekeepers
- Preparation on to celebrate Durga puja
- PM flies to NY today to join UNGA