This time PM boards rickshaw in Khaliajuri
Published : 19 May 2017, 12:39
After travelling by a rickshaw van at his ancestral village of Tungipara in Gopalganj in January, Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina this time boarded a rickshaw in Khaliajuri of Netrakona yesterday.
The Prime Minister, on a visit to Khaliajuri upazila to see for herself the flood-affected haor areas, took a trip by a rickshaw to go to Khaliajuri District Council Dak Banglow from Khaliajuri Upazila Health Complex.
After holding a meeting with public representatives, government officials and the local elite at Khaliajuri Upazila Health Complex, the Prime Minister surprised all by boarding a rickshaw to go to Khaliajuri District Council Dak Banglow, which is nearly 200 yards off the venue.
The people of the upazila enjoyed astonishingly the Prime Minister's rickshaw ride.
The fortunate rickshaw-puller was Tipu Sultan who hails from Chinarhati village of Khaliajuri upazila.
Later talking to this correspondent, Tipu Sultan, who has been engaged in rickshaw pulling for six months, said he is delighted to carry the Prime Minister as his passenger.
"I'm very happy that the honourable Prime Minister boarded my rickshaw," he said.
Tipu Sultan, however, said he wants to do other jobs instead of rickshaw-pulling.
On Jan 27, Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina, on board a local rickshaw van along with her grandchildren, had a round visit at her ancestral village in Tungipara to see for herself the condition of the villagers side by side enjoying the beauty of the place.
- Most viewed
- Indian scientists develop ‘healthy’ wine from tea
- Top benefits of tejpatta or bay leaves
- Pushing for blind dates
- Easy tips on how to keep your white clothes whiter and brighter
- Permanent Peoples' Tribunal finds Myanmar guilty
- Hindu community to cut Durga Puja expense to aid Rohingyas
- Prime minister at UN urges 'safe zones' for Myanmar's Rohingya
- PM seeks urgent steps to end Rohingya crisis; places 5-point proposal to UN
- 22 September Deaths
- ‘SDG Tracker’ & Publication on South South launched
- Woman burnt to death ‘by husband’ for failing to get MBBS seat
- Preparation on to celebrate Durga puja
- PM reaffirms Bangladesh's commitment to end sexual abuse of peacekeepers
- Selena Gomez back to work after kidney transplant
- PM calls for taking private sector on board for SDG financing
- 'Addressing climate change means ensuring human rights'
- How to have beautiful toned body
- Nawaz Sharif's wife wins Lahore by-poll