Woman, grandchild die from electrocution in Jessore
Published : 19 May 2017, 16:54
A woman and her grandchild died from electrocution at Jogananda Katho village in Jhikargachha upazila of Jessore district on Thursday evening.
The deceased were identified as Mariam Khatun, 55, wife of Haru and her grandchild Alamin, 15, son of Anarul Islam.
Masud Karim, officer-in-charge of Jhikargaccha Police Station, said Mariam died on the spot when she came in contact with an electric wire while removing cloths from the wire around 6pm.
Anarul was also electrocuted when he tried to rescue her.
- Most viewed
- All about milk teeth
- Kaur leads India into final
- Speaker meets Vietnam National Assembly President
- Sherpur rapist father sentenced to 30 yrs jail
- Cop’s wife found dead in Jessore
- Five ways to beat the heat naturally!
- 5 of a family including 2 children died in Chittagong landslide
- 21 July Deaths
- 21 July Births
- Tahsan, Mithila announce their divorce
- Maryam Mirzakhani, only woman to take math's highest award, dies at 40
- '50% women face unwanted touching at markets'
- Case filed against Roopa Ganguly for rape remark
- Shah Rukh delights himself to traditional thali in Jaipur
- Nearly half of women on social media are sexually victimised
- Don’t ruin fish market for small gains, PM to exporters
- Australian senator who breast-fed daughter in parliament resigns
- Jagga Jasoos actress found dead in Gurgaon flat