PM returns home
Published : 17 Jun 2017, 13:46
Prime minister Sheikh Hasina returned home on Saturday morning concluding her three-day bilateral visit to Sweden.
The prime minister paid the visit at the invitation of her Swedish counterpart Stefan Lofven. It was the first bilateral visit by any head of government of Bangladesh to the Scandinavian country.
A VVIP flight of Biman Bangladesh Airlines (BG-002) carrying the prime minister and members of her entourage landed at Hazrat Shahjalal International Airport at 9.15am.
During the visit the prime minister led a high-powered team including a 47-member business delegation. She held official talks with Swedish prime minister Stefan Lofven and had an audience with Swedish King Carl XVI Gustaf.
Sheikh Hasina visited Swedish Parliament and held meeting with acting speaker Tobias Billstrom.
She attended a community reception and Bangladesh-Sweden Business and Investment Forum. She also held meetings with CEO of H&M Karl-Johan Persson and president of Investor Jacob Wallenberg, vice-president of Investor Marcus Wallenberg and CEO of ABB Sweden Johan Soderstrom.
- Most viewed
- Live longer: 8 tips to slow down ageing with antioxidant-rich food
- Katrina Kaif's sister Isabelle Kaif is all set for Bollywood
- Alia Bhatt steals shoes at her friend's wedding function
- Woman commits suicide after killing daughter
- Ivy released from hospital
- 23 January Deaths
- 23 January Births
- 23 January Events
- PM releases stamp, first day cover on Int'l Customs Day
- Committee formed to implement 9th wage board for journos: Tarana
- Strong Coast Guard important for world maritime security: US
- PM urges developed countries to stand beside Bangladesh
- Indian girl dies after gang rapists rupture her lungs
- Priyanka Chopra lets go of her diet on her vacation!
- Katy Perry in 'tough conversations' with her record label
- UN rapporteur determined to follow up thwarted mission
- British MPs approve landmark Brexit bill
- Militants kill mother-daughter polio workers in Pakistan