PM returns home
Published : 17 Jun 2017, 13:46
Prime minister Sheikh Hasina returned home on Saturday morning concluding her three-day bilateral visit to Sweden.
The prime minister paid the visit at the invitation of her Swedish counterpart Stefan Lofven. It was the first bilateral visit by any head of government of Bangladesh to the Scandinavian country.
A VVIP flight of Biman Bangladesh Airlines (BG-002) carrying the prime minister and members of her entourage landed at Hazrat Shahjalal International Airport at 9.15am.
During the visit the prime minister led a high-powered team including a 47-member business delegation. She held official talks with Swedish prime minister Stefan Lofven and had an audience with Swedish King Carl XVI Gustaf.
Sheikh Hasina visited Swedish Parliament and held meeting with acting speaker Tobias Billstrom.
She attended a community reception and Bangladesh-Sweden Business and Investment Forum. She also held meetings with CEO of H&M Karl-Johan Persson and president of Investor Jacob Wallenberg, vice-president of Investor Marcus Wallenberg and CEO of ABB Sweden Johan Soderstrom.
- Most viewed
- Simple ways to protect lips during summer
- PM left Dhaka for Australia to join the Global Summit of Women
- Six-year-old girl raped in Bogura
- Supporting women to get priority in intellectual property law: Amu
- Sheikh Hasina leaves for Australia today on three-day visit
- Address human rights concerns, urge Asean MPs in open letter
- Mother, daughter killed in Moulvibazar fire
- 26 April Deaths
- 26 April Births
- PM returns home from London
- Queen tips Prince Charles to follow her as Commonwealth head
- PM calls for Commonwealth’s comprehensive reform
- PM exchanges greetings with British Queen
- 3 resident students of DU hall brought back
- Amorous couples, sex workers whipped in Indonesia's Aceh
- Ostrich chicks, gold ornaments seized in Satkhira
- Husband kills wife for dowry
- Science Says: Amount of straws, plastic pollution is huge