PM returns home
Published : 17 Jun 2017, 13:46
Prime minister Sheikh Hasina returned home on Saturday morning concluding her three-day bilateral visit to Sweden.
The prime minister paid the visit at the invitation of her Swedish counterpart Stefan Lofven. It was the first bilateral visit by any head of government of Bangladesh to the Scandinavian country.
A VVIP flight of Biman Bangladesh Airlines (BG-002) carrying the prime minister and members of her entourage landed at Hazrat Shahjalal International Airport at 9.15am.
During the visit the prime minister led a high-powered team including a 47-member business delegation. She held official talks with Swedish prime minister Stefan Lofven and had an audience with Swedish King Carl XVI Gustaf.
Sheikh Hasina visited Swedish Parliament and held meeting with acting speaker Tobias Billstrom.
She attended a community reception and Bangladesh-Sweden Business and Investment Forum. She also held meetings with CEO of H&M Karl-Johan Persson and president of Investor Jacob Wallenberg, vice-president of Investor Marcus Wallenberg and CEO of ABB Sweden Johan Soderstrom.
- Most viewed
- Doob to represent Bangladesh in 91st Oscar
- Prime Minister leaves London for New York
- Rock your locks with stylish chic buns
- Tempting sev puri to satisfy your craving
- James Bond to be back in 2020
- Mother ‘hacked dead’ by ‘drug addict’ son in Kushtia
- 23 September Events
- 23 September Births
- 23 September Deaths
- Seven-day skin care routine for lovely looks
- Prime Minister to address 73rd Session UNGA September 27
- Instant triple talaq an offence in India
- PM leaves for London Friday en route to NY to join 73rd UNGA
- Bangladesh hand Lebanon 8-0 thrashing
- PM unveils ‘World Skills Bangladesh’ logo
- Hasina, Modi to open Bangladesh-India oil pipeline today
- Virtual or real? Fashion world split over digital supermodels
- UK Foreign Secy Hunt to meet Suu Kyi during Myanmar visit