Actor Tanvir Tonu placed on 5-day remand
Published : 17 Jun 2017, 16:56
A Dhaka court on Saturday granted five-day remand of Dhallywood film actor Tanvir Tonu in a rape case.
Earliar, Tonu was arrested on rape charges from his own residence at Rupnagar area in the capital on Friday.
Tonu became close to a woman after being introduced on Facebook, said officer-in-charge Shahidul Alam. The woman is a service holder of a private organization.
Tonu made relation with the woman despite married. Tonu wanted to take the woman to abroad.
According to the allegation by the woman. Tonu took the woman to his house on May 6. At the time his wife was not present in the house. But Tonu’s friend was in the house. At the time, Tonu raped the woman. After that, his friend raped her. Later the woman escaped from the place.
After the incident, Tonu went hide. The woman informed to police when she knew Tonu came to his house. Later police arrested Tonu.
- Most viewed
- Road crash kills 16 garments workers in Rangpur
- 24 June Deaths
- 24 June Births
- 24 June Events
- ASI sued over rape in Chittagong
- Guides to pack jewellery while travelling
- New project launched to mitigate NY sound pollution
- Eurozone business activity slows: Markit survey
- Choi Soon-sil: South Korean ex-president's friend jailed
- Protect yourself from deadly brain tumours
- PM seeks Moroccan investment in economic zones
- Banani rape indictment hearing Jul 9
- 5 to die for killing housewife after rape in C’nawabganj
- NASA tests flexible solar array on space station
- Beyonce gives birth to twins
- Priyanka Chopra kicks off shooting for her second hollywood film
- Folk queen Momtaz brings two new songs this Eid
- PM hosts iftar for eminent personalities, poets, artists