Actor Tanvir Tonu placed on 5-day remand
Published : 17 Jun 2017, 16:56
A Dhaka court on Saturday granted five-day remand of Dhallywood film actor Tanvir Tonu in a rape case.
Earliar, Tonu was arrested on rape charges from his own residence at Rupnagar area in the capital on Friday.
Tonu became close to a woman after being introduced on Facebook, said officer-in-charge Shahidul Alam. The woman is a service holder of a private organization.
Tonu made relation with the woman despite married. Tonu wanted to take the woman to abroad.
According to the allegation by the woman. Tonu took the woman to his house on May 6. At the time his wife was not present in the house. But Tonu’s friend was in the house. At the time, Tonu raped the woman. After that, his friend raped her. Later the woman escaped from the place.
After the incident, Tonu went hide. The woman informed to police when she knew Tonu came to his house. Later police arrested Tonu.
- Most viewed
- What to eat to stay full during Ramadan
- Worried about high cholesterol levels? Avoid foods full of trans fats
- Bangabandhu Satellite will benefit broadcasting industry: Tarana
- Bangladesh being built with Nazrul’s non-communal spirit: PM
- Ireland: Exit polls predict win for repealing abortion ban
- Housewife strangulated to death in Satkhira
- Facebook, Twitter to introduce new guidelines for political ads
- PM Hasina receives D.Litt from Nazrul University at Asansol
- 4 kids drown in Cox’s Bazar, Bagerhat
- You'll Never Believe How Tasty Healthy Pancakes Can Be
- Khulna City mayor calls on Prime Minister
- Prime Minister talks tough against drugs
- World needs to care about Rohingyas: Priyanka Chopra
- Woman gives birth to world’s seventh ‘mermaid baby’
- 9 die due to Nipah virus outbreak in India
- The Simple Things That Can Easily Lift Your Mood Up
- True grit Sharapova back at French Open with point to prove
- Actress Tazin Ahmed passes away due to heart attack