Actor Tanvir Tonu placed on 5-day remand
Published : 17 Jun 2017, 16:56
A Dhaka court on Saturday granted five-day remand of Dhallywood film actor Tanvir Tonu in a rape case.
Earliar, Tonu was arrested on rape charges from his own residence at Rupnagar area in the capital on Friday.
Tonu became close to a woman after being introduced on Facebook, said officer-in-charge Shahidul Alam. The woman is a service holder of a private organization.
Tonu made relation with the woman despite married. Tonu wanted to take the woman to abroad.
According to the allegation by the woman. Tonu took the woman to his house on May 6. At the time his wife was not present in the house. But Tonu’s friend was in the house. At the time, Tonu raped the woman. After that, his friend raped her. Later the woman escaped from the place.
After the incident, Tonu went hide. The woman informed to police when she knew Tonu came to his house. Later police arrested Tonu.
- Most viewed
- Priya Prakash Varrier is not allowed to use a mobile phone
- PM goes to Tungipara tomorrow to pay homage to Bangabandhu
- Suicide trend among women on the rise in Sylhet
- Donald Trump Jr’s wife files for divorce
- Tasmania elects majority of women in Australia state first
- Barbecued Lamb with Mashed Potatoes Recipe
- First injured Bangladeshi victim of Nepal plane crash brought to Dhaka
- 16 March Deaths
- 16 March Births
- At least 50 dead in US Bangla aircraft crash in TIA
- Schoolgirl ‘raped by 2 teenagers’ in Sylhet
- FBHRO starts its journey
- US-Bangla Airlines aircraft crashes in Kathmandu
- US-Bangla aircraft’s passenger list
- Govt declares mourning day today
- Prithula Rashid, a life cut short
- Queen Boudicca: a tribal woman fought against Roman rule
- US-Bangla flight reaches Nepal with families of crash victims