Actor Tanvir Tonu placed on 5-day remand
Published : 17 Jun 2017, 16:56
A Dhaka court on Saturday granted five-day remand of Dhallywood film actor Tanvir Tonu in a rape case.
Earliar, Tonu was arrested on rape charges from his own residence at Rupnagar area in the capital on Friday.
Tonu became close to a woman after being introduced on Facebook, said officer-in-charge Shahidul Alam. The woman is a service holder of a private organization.
Tonu made relation with the woman despite married. Tonu wanted to take the woman to abroad.
According to the allegation by the woman. Tonu took the woman to his house on May 6. At the time his wife was not present in the house. But Tonu’s friend was in the house. At the time, Tonu raped the woman. After that, his friend raped her. Later the woman escaped from the place.
After the incident, Tonu went hide. The woman informed to police when she knew Tonu came to his house. Later police arrested Tonu.
- Most viewed
- Hillary slams Trump’s ‘dangerous’ war of words with North Korea
- 18 October Deaths
- 18 October Births
- 18 October Events
- Hair loss drug taken by Trump may cut prostate cancer risk
- Speaker for playing effective role in solving Rohingya crisis
- Teenage girl’s body exhumed for fresh autopsy in Panchagarh
- Dhaka 7th worst megacity for women: Poll
- Car bomb kills Maltese journalist who exposed Panama paper link
- Sharapova triumphs in Tianjin opener
- Staying in shape may make you live longer
- Safa takes a break from TV series
- Hormone therapy ‘safe’ for women with migraine?
- Samsung Electronics CEO resigns
- 15 October Events
- Rivals accused in cases over attack on Sajeda’s motorcade
- 15 October Deaths
- Oscars board expels producer Harvey Weinstein from Academy amid sexual assault allegations