Actor Tanvir Tonu placed on 5-day remand
Published : 17 Jun 2017, 16:56
A Dhaka court on Saturday granted five-day remand of Dhallywood film actor Tanvir Tonu in a rape case.
Earliar, Tonu was arrested on rape charges from his own residence at Rupnagar area in the capital on Friday.
Tonu became close to a woman after being introduced on Facebook, said officer-in-charge Shahidul Alam. The woman is a service holder of a private organization.
Tonu made relation with the woman despite married. Tonu wanted to take the woman to abroad.
According to the allegation by the woman. Tonu took the woman to his house on May 6. At the time his wife was not present in the house. But Tonu’s friend was in the house. At the time, Tonu raped the woman. After that, his friend raped her. Later the woman escaped from the place.
After the incident, Tonu went hide. The woman informed to police when she knew Tonu came to his house. Later police arrested Tonu.
- Most viewed
- Eat right and stay youthful
- Feeling bad without your phone?
- Papaya: Top five health and beauty benefits
- Modelling groomed me for acting: Kriti Sanon
- The mystical scent of a woman
- Beware of processed food!
- Narayanganj 7-murder cases: High Court upholds death penalty for 15
- Indian court rules against instant divorce
- Weekend delight: Unwind with Minty Mushroom Croquettes
- Priyanka Chopra told ‘not to return India’
- Case filed over Pallabi student rape
- 19 August Births
- 2 girls return after languishing in Indian jail
- Teacher arrested for ‘raping Pallabi schoolgirl’
- 19 August Events
- Easy ways to stop sneezing
- Primary school teacher ‘gang raped’ in classroom
- Prospect of progress must not be ruined: PM