Indian student found dead in Chittagong
Published : 15 Jul 2017, 12:25
Body of an Indian student was recovered from Khulsi area under Akbar Shah Thana of Chittagong early Saturday.
The deceased is Asif Seth, 26, an MBBS student at University of Science and Technology Chittagong (USTC).
Meanwhile, police rescued another Indian student, Wison, who was hanging from a ceiling fan at the same house.
Four Indian students—Asif, Wison, Neeraj and his wife Josna—used to live in a three-room flat of Yusuf Bhaban, said Akbar Shah police station officer-in-charge M Alamgir.
Asif and Wison used to live in two rooms while another student Neeraj Guru lived with his wife Josna in the other room.
Quoting Neeraj Guru, OC M Alamgir said the three drank liquor and went to their respective rooms. Later around 12:30am, Neeraj found the room of Wison dark and called him and there was no response.
Neeraj then entered Wison’s room with an alternative set of keys where he found Wison hanging from the ceiling fan and Asif bloody on floor.
With the help of neighbours, Neeraj took them to Chittagong Medical College Hospital where physicians declared Asif Seth dead, OC added.
Asif’s body was bearing the marks of sharp weapons, he added.
Police are quizzing Neeraj Guru and his wife Josna in this connection.
Source: Prothom Alo
- Most viewed
- Student, Trolled For Selling Fish, Donates Rs. 1.5 Lakh For Flood Aid
- Saudi feminists launch online radio
- Child passive smoking 'risk adult diseases'
- 16 nurses get pregnant at Arizona hospital
- The 18th Asian Games got off to a glorious start
- Girls' supremacy finally over
- Priyanka Chopra, Nick Jonas are officially engaged
- Huma Qureshi didn’t care about working with Khans
- Woman commits suicide after ‘stabbing husband’ in city
- Williams rebounds from worst loss to advance in Cincy tennis
- Sheikh Hasina to inaugurate 23 bridges, Fatehpur Railway Overpass
- BD beat Nepal 3-0 to emerge group top in SAFF U-15 Women’s championship
- U-15 girls take on Bhutan in SAFF semi
- SAFF U-15 girls reach final beating Bhutan 5-0
- Caned by headmaster, schoolgirl kills self
- Antibiotic resistance genes in air pose threat to human health: Study
- Nation observes National Mourning Day today
- Prime Minister pays homage to Bangabandhu in Tungipara