Indian student found dead in Chittagong
Published : 15 Jul 2017, 12:25
Body of an Indian student was recovered from Khulsi area under Akbar Shah Thana of Chittagong early Saturday.
The deceased is Asif Seth, 26, an MBBS student at University of Science and Technology Chittagong (USTC).
Meanwhile, police rescued another Indian student, Wison, who was hanging from a ceiling fan at the same house.
Four Indian students—Asif, Wison, Neeraj and his wife Josna—used to live in a three-room flat of Yusuf Bhaban, said Akbar Shah police station officer-in-charge M Alamgir.
Asif and Wison used to live in two rooms while another student Neeraj Guru lived with his wife Josna in the other room.
Quoting Neeraj Guru, OC M Alamgir said the three drank liquor and went to their respective rooms. Later around 12:30am, Neeraj found the room of Wison dark and called him and there was no response.
Neeraj then entered Wison’s room with an alternative set of keys where he found Wison hanging from the ceiling fan and Asif bloody on floor.
With the help of neighbours, Neeraj took them to Chittagong Medical College Hospital where physicians declared Asif Seth dead, OC added.
Asif’s body was bearing the marks of sharp weapons, he added.
Police are quizzing Neeraj Guru and his wife Josna in this connection.
Source: Prothom Alo
- Most viewed
- From April, tourists can stay at Taj Mahal only for 3 hours
- Katrina most popular actress outside India
- Zeenat Aman files rape case against a businessman
- High meat intake may up liver disease risk
- World Meteorological Day observed
- Player accuses Australia's AFL of sexism
- EU recalls Moscow envoy after blaming Russia over spy attack
- Pakistani woman lawmaker becomes opposition leader in Senate
- Playboy model apologises to Melania, says Trump tried to pay her after sex
- Jacqueline Fernandez gets into Madhuri Dixit mode
- Bangabandhu's 99th birthday being celebrated
- Govt efforts helped BD attain criteria to graduate from LDC: PM
- Bangladesh eligible for LDC graduation
- Children among at least 21 people ‘poisoned’ by 'gas' in Russian village
- Magura man ‘kills’ wife for dowry
- Lawyers file to prosecute Suu Kyi for crimes against humanity
- 17 March Deaths
- PM pays tribute to Bangabandhu on his birthday