RAB cordons off ‘militant’ den in Savar, gunshots heard
Published : 16 Jul 2017, 11:38
Members of Rapid Action Battalion (RAB) cordoned off a house in Chourabali area in Ashulia of Savar, on the outskirts of the capital, since early hours of Sunday suspecting it to be a militant den.
RAB media and legal wing director Mufti Mahmood Khan told reporters on Sunday morning that the elite force men have fenced off the house since 1:00am on Sunday.
The suspected militants started firing and threw explosives after the RAB men had asked them to surrender, he added.
The RAB media and legal wing director further said, “The area has been evacuated. We will begin a drive shortly.”
Source: Prothom Alo
- Most viewed
- Nicotine vaping might not be as healthy was first thought
- The rise of the gourmet burger trend
- Celebrity chef brothers bring their signature cooking to the Mideast
- Action if mobile phone operators sell SIM cards to Rohingya refugees [...]
- Process for taking back some Rohingya refugees ‘anytime’: Suu Kyi
- World must join to stop Rohingya genocide: Shabana Azmi
- Couple Has Sex In Domino's Pizza, Then Justice Is Served (video)
- Kushtia BNP leader held for ‘rape attempt’
- PM rules out possibility of understanding with BNP
- ‘SDG Tracker’ & Publication on South South launched
- Woman burnt to death ‘by husband’ for failing to get MBBS seat
- PM reaffirms Bangladesh's commitment to end sexual abuse of peacekeepers
- PM calls for taking private sector on board for SDG financing
- Nawaz Sharif's wife wins Lahore by-poll
- 'Addressing climate change means ensuring human rights'
- How to have beautiful toned body
- Women empowerment must to achieve SDGs: PM
- Girl dies falling off easy bike