RAB cordons off ‘militant’ den in Savar, gunshots heard
Published : 16 Jul 2017, 11:38
Members of Rapid Action Battalion (RAB) cordoned off a house in Chourabali area in Ashulia of Savar, on the outskirts of the capital, since early hours of Sunday suspecting it to be a militant den.
RAB media and legal wing director Mufti Mahmood Khan told reporters on Sunday morning that the elite force men have fenced off the house since 1:00am on Sunday.
The suspected militants started firing and threw explosives after the RAB men had asked them to surrender, he added.
The RAB media and legal wing director further said, “The area has been evacuated. We will begin a drive shortly.”
Source: Prothom Alo
- Most viewed
- Militants kill mother-daughter polio workers in Pakistan
- New Zealand PM Jacinda Ardern may be first leader to give birth while in office
- Magura teenage girl ‘kills self’ for smartphone
- 19 January Deaths
- 19 January Births
- 19 January Events
- Must-take fitness resolutions for the Year 2018
- Deepika becomes a cop for a commercial
- Dhaka wants peaceful solution to Rohingya crisis: Sheikh Hasina
- 'Govt will move ahead evaluating past'
- Suu Kyi says Rohingya mass grave investigation positive step
- Tarana for women’s equal participation in filmmaking
- Committee formed to implement 9th wage board for journos: Tarana
- Strong Coast Guard important for world maritime security: US
- Canadian police say attack on girl who claimed a man cut her hijab ‘did not happen’
- PM urges developed countries to stand beside Bangladesh
- Sri Lanka lifts 38-yr ban on women buying, selling alcohol
- Pranab Mukherjee meets Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina