Two surrender in Ashulia ‘militant den’ raid
Published : 16 Jul 2017, 13:24
Two militants surrendered from the suspected Ashulia of Savar militant hideout, which was cordoned off by Rapid Action Battalion (Rab) members early on Sunday.
Talking to journalists, Rab Media Wing Director Commander Mufti Mahmud Khan said, “Two militants have already surrendered but two others are still inside the den.”
Shots were fired at the law enforcers after they surrounded the house in Noyarhat’s Chourabali neighbourhood.
Rab spokesman Mufti Mahmud Khan said they believe more than one militant holed up inside the building.
Final raid preparations are going on after members of a RAB special force and a bomb disposal unit arrived on Sunday morning. The ‘militants’ inside the building have been ordered to surrender.
- Most viewed
- Actress Tazin Ahmed passes away due to heart attack
- Prime Minister goes to Kolkata Friday
- Habibun Nahar gets AL ticket for Bagerhat-3 by-poll
- World needs to care about Rohingyas: Priyanka Chopra
- True grit Sharapova back at French Open with point to prove
- Shweta Bachchan to make debut with father Amitabh
- 10 drug dealers killed in ‘gunfights’ across country
- 22 May Events
- 22 May Births
- Around 60 babies a day born in Rohingya camps in Bangladesh: UNICEF
- PM Sheikh Hasina’s Homecoming Day Today
- Rape accused killed in Feni ‘gunfight’
- Prime Minister asks police to provide proper service
- Eat yogurt ‘appetizer’ to cut down chronic inflammation risk
- Why Cannes outings don't affect Aishwarya
- Saima for incorporating mental healthcare in disaster management plan
- Glam up your outfit with right footwear
- Militancy now under control: Prime Minister