Rape allegation against union council member in Savar
Published : 18 Sep 2017, 13:36
A female garment worker filed a complaint with Ashulia Police Station on Sunday night against a union council member for raping her.
According to complaint, the garment worker used to live in the rented house owned by Earpur union council member Abu Taher Mridha five months ago.
After shifting her residence, the UC member offered her several times to make illicit relationship with him.
When she was returning from her work on Saturday night, the UC member along with his several associates took her to an abandoned house and violated her.
Abdul Awal, officer-in-charge of Ashulia Police Station, said that the victim has been sent to One-stop Crisis Centre of Dhaka Medical College Hospital.
- Most viewed
- Don’t fret over conceiving with irregular periods
- Don’t overdo stress or make-up on wedding day
- Female Sherpa from Nepal scales new heights
- Get the smear out before cervical cancer conquers you
- Indian court paves way for 'Padmaavat’ all-India release on 25 Jan
- Woman killed in city road crash
- PM escapes 17 assassination plots, attacks: Law minister
- 20 January Deaths
- 20 January Births
- Suu Kyi says Rohingya mass grave investigation positive step
- Committee formed to implement 9th wage board for journos: Tarana
- Canadian police say attack on girl who claimed a man cut her hijab ‘did not happen’
- Strong Coast Guard important for world maritime security: US
- Pranab Mukherjee meets Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina
- Sri Lanka lifts 38-yr ban on women buying, selling alcohol
- PM urges developed countries to stand beside Bangladesh
- ‘Zombie’ singer Dolores O’Riordan dies at 46
- Singer Shammi Akhtar passes away