Rape allegation against union council member in Savar
Published : 18 Sep 2017, 13:36
A female garment worker filed a complaint with Ashulia Police Station on Sunday night against a union council member for raping her.
According to complaint, the garment worker used to live in the rented house owned by Earpur union council member Abu Taher Mridha five months ago.
After shifting her residence, the UC member offered her several times to make illicit relationship with him.
When she was returning from her work on Saturday night, the UC member along with his several associates took her to an abandoned house and violated her.
Abdul Awal, officer-in-charge of Ashulia Police Station, said that the victim has been sent to One-stop Crisis Centre of Dhaka Medical College Hospital.
- Most viewed
- PM urges Australia to keep pressure on Myanmar
- 27 April Events
- 27 April Births
- 27 April Deaths
- Simple ways to protect lips during summer
- PM left Dhaka for Australia to join the Global Summit of Women
- Six-year-old girl raped in Bogura
- Supporting women to get priority in intellectual property law: Amu
- Sheikh Hasina leaves for Australia today on three-day visit
- PM returns home from London
- PM exchanges greetings with British Queen
- Ostrich chicks, gold ornaments seized in Satkhira
- 3 resident students of DU hall brought back
- Husband kills wife for dowry
- Science Says: Amount of straws, plastic pollution is huge
- 5th anniv of Rana Plaza tragedy today
- Address human rights concerns, urge Asean MPs in open letter
- Hasina to receive global women leadership award