Rape allegation against union council member in Savar
Published : 18 Sep 2017, 13:36
A female garment worker filed a complaint with Ashulia Police Station on Sunday night against a union council member for raping her.
According to complaint, the garment worker used to live in the rented house owned by Earpur union council member Abu Taher Mridha five months ago.
After shifting her residence, the UC member offered her several times to make illicit relationship with him.
When she was returning from her work on Saturday night, the UC member along with his several associates took her to an abandoned house and violated her.
Abdul Awal, officer-in-charge of Ashulia Police Station, said that the victim has been sent to One-stop Crisis Centre of Dhaka Medical College Hospital.
- Most viewed
- Weekend special: Healthy Spring Rolls
- Antibiotic resistance genes in air pose threat to human health: Study
- No need to react to marriage rumours
- Sheikh Hasina to inaugurate 23 bridges, Fatehpur Railway Overpass
- Williams rebounds from worst loss to advance in Cincy tennis
- BD beat Nepal 3-0 to emerge group top in SAFF U-15 Women’s championship
- Omarosa’s White House recordings fuel Trump woes
- 14 August Events
- 14 August Births
- Did you know Salman was the first choice to play Aishwarya’s brother in Josh?
- 9 August Events
- PM visits hospital to see Sechchasebak League leader and four injured students
- Love for ex boyfriend!
- Bangladeshi students encouraged to consider education in Australia
- My mother had capacity to take any decision: Prime Minister
- Govt working to strengthen democracy: Prime Minister
- 8 August Events
- Migrant boat sinks off Turkey killing 7 children, 2 women