Rape allegation against union council member in Savar
Published : 18 Sep 2017, 13:36
A female garment worker filed a complaint with Ashulia Police Station on Sunday night against a union council member for raping her.
According to complaint, the garment worker used to live in the rented house owned by Earpur union council member Abu Taher Mridha five months ago.
After shifting her residence, the UC member offered her several times to make illicit relationship with him.
When she was returning from her work on Saturday night, the UC member along with his several associates took her to an abandoned house and violated her.
Abdul Awal, officer-in-charge of Ashulia Police Station, said that the victim has been sent to One-stop Crisis Centre of Dhaka Medical College Hospital.
- Most viewed
- Have mushroom-rich breakfast to maintain healthy weight
- Fashion industry not real life: Claudia Schiffer
- Yuriko Koike who may become Japan's first woman PM
- Sushma Swaraj in city
- Full verdict commuting Oishee's death released
- Three young men beat elderly woman to death
- Hasina to Guterres: ‘Put more pressure on Myanmar’
- Sushma Swaraj arrives today
- 22 October Deaths
- 18 October Events
- 18 October Births
- Hillary slams Trump’s ‘dangerous’ war of words with North Korea
- 18 October Deaths
- Now Suu Kyi’s name removed from Oxford college common room
- Hair loss drug taken by Trump may cut prostate cancer risk
- Magura schoolgirl commits suicide
- Raped then beaten up for protesting
- Car bomb kills Maltese journalist who exposed Panama paper link