Elderly woman killed in Bhola road crash
Published : 18 Oct 2017, 17:22
A woman was killed and 30 others were injured in a road accident in Bangla Bazar area on Bhola-Char Fashion road on Wednesday morning.
The deceased was identified as Amena Begum, 65, hailing from Anjur Haat of the upazila.
Fire service and witnesses said Bhola sadar-bound bus of Mosafir Paribahan from Char Fashion skidded off the road and fell into the roadside pond in the area around 9:00 am as its driver lost control over the steering, leaving an elderly woman dead on the spot and 30 other passengers injured.
On information, fire service team rushed to the spot and sent the injured to Bhola Sadar Hospital.
- Most viewed
- Seven-day skin care routine for lovely looks
- Hasina, Modi inaugurate Bangladesh-India oil pipeline
- Emmys full of surprises, 'Marvelous Mrs. Maisel' dominates
- 18 September Events
- 18 September Births
- 18 September Deaths
- PM leaves for London Friday en route to NY to join 73rd UNGA
- PM unveils ‘World Skills Bangladesh’ logo
- Hasina, Modi to open Bangladesh-India oil pipeline today
- 14 September Births
- Country is marching forward: Sheikh Hasina
- Dhaka University admission tests begin today
- 6 female activists of Jamaat held in Bogura
- 14 September Deaths
- 14 September Events
- Instagram rolls out new feature to help users with drug issues
- Women should be proud of their beauty: Jhanvi Kapoor
- Halle Berry to make directorial debut with bruised