Three young men beat elderly woman to death
Published : 22 Oct 2017, 11:47
An elderly woman was beaten to death allegedly by three young men at Gopalpur village in Magura on Saturday night.
The deceased is Sekhela Begum, about 50 years old, wife of late Abdul Hakim of the village.
Police said three youths - Jinnat Hossain, Jihad and Alamin - of the same village called Sekhela’s son Daud Hossain, about 25 years old, a driver of rickshaw van, for taking a sick woman to hospital around 10:00 pm.
After his denial of going to hospital, they started beating him. The trio also beat Sekhela Begum mercilessly when she tried to save her son, leaving both of them injured, said Tarikul Islam, OC of Mohammadpur Police Station.
Later, they were taken to Mohammadpur Health Complex where duty doctor declared her dead. The body was sent to Magura hospital morgue for autopsy.
A case was filed. However, none was yet to be arrested.
- Most viewed
- Sunny Leone opens up on casting couch in Bollywood
- Stay alert against defeated forces: PM
- Sheikh Hasina reaches Suhrawady Udyan
- Jessia to join grand finale of Miss World, 2017
- Woman accuses US Senator of unwanted groping, kiss
- This is when women are most likely to cheat on their partner
- Why women are happier being single than men
- PM witnesses Dhaka Opera House design
- PM opens BLLISS-2017
- Amy Schumer ‘dating’ chef Chris Fischer
- Women less likely to get CPR from bystanders: Study
- Sessions vows Clinton probe on emails
- Myanmar's Suu Kyi now benefits from Southeast Asia's silence
- 18-month-old girl allegedly raped by caretaker
- Queen Elizabeth, Prince Philip celebrate 70th wedding anniversary
- Right to a healthy future
- UN chief meets Myanmar's Suu Kyi on Rohingya crisis
- Role of women in climate action recognised at UN climate conf