Three young men beat elderly woman to death
Published : 22 Oct 2017, 11:47
An elderly woman was beaten to death allegedly by three young men at Gopalpur village in Magura on Saturday night.
The deceased is Sekhela Begum, about 50 years old, wife of late Abdul Hakim of the village.
Police said three youths - Jinnat Hossain, Jihad and Alamin - of the same village called Sekhela’s son Daud Hossain, about 25 years old, a driver of rickshaw van, for taking a sick woman to hospital around 10:00 pm.
After his denial of going to hospital, they started beating him. The trio also beat Sekhela Begum mercilessly when she tried to save her son, leaving both of them injured, said Tarikul Islam, OC of Mohammadpur Police Station.
Later, they were taken to Mohammadpur Health Complex where duty doctor declared her dead. The body was sent to Magura hospital morgue for autopsy.
A case was filed. However, none was yet to be arrested.
- Most viewed
- World Cup Pussy Riot pitch intruders jailed for 15 days
- 'I had to make my kidnapper fall in love with me': Chloe Ayling
- PM Sheikh Hasina opens G2P system for freedom fighters
- Theresa May accepts key amendments from hardline Brexiteers
- 592 rape incidents in six months
- 17 July Events
- 17 July Births
- 17 July Deaths
- Arrests after Indian woman gang-raped, burned to death
- Prime Minister visits Pabna today
- 11 July Deaths
- ‘We’re on top of the world anyways’: Croatia’s president
- Tigresses ensure participation of ICC World T20
- Bangladesh Tigress will face Scotland tonight
- France-Croatia to fight for World Cup 2018 title tonight
- What you should know about Croatian President Kolinda Kitarovic
- France crowned World Cup 2018 champions after beating Croatia
- No more ‘hot women’- FIFA wants fewer images of attractive female fans in stadiums