Three young men beat elderly woman to death
Published : 22 Oct 2017, 11:47
An elderly woman was beaten to death allegedly by three young men at Gopalpur village in Magura on Saturday night.
The deceased is Sekhela Begum, about 50 years old, wife of late Abdul Hakim of the village.
Police said three youths - Jinnat Hossain, Jihad and Alamin - of the same village called Sekhela’s son Daud Hossain, about 25 years old, a driver of rickshaw van, for taking a sick woman to hospital around 10:00 pm.
After his denial of going to hospital, they started beating him. The trio also beat Sekhela Begum mercilessly when she tried to save her son, leaving both of them injured, said Tarikul Islam, OC of Mohammadpur Police Station.
Later, they were taken to Mohammadpur Health Complex where duty doctor declared her dead. The body was sent to Magura hospital morgue for autopsy.
A case was filed. However, none was yet to be arrested.
- Most viewed
- A sweet sinful summer affair
- So you’ve worked hard and want to sustain all that weight you’ve lost? Then stay away from dieting
- Class 5 girl gang-raped, burnt alive in Assam’s Nagaon
- Mim to play a lawyer in ‘Sultan The Saviour’
- Woman flogged 100 times and then 'sexually assaulted' (Video)
- Married teacher is arrested over 'sexual relationship' with student, 13
- EU agrees on Brexit guidelines, sets deadline on Ireland
- 24 March Deaths
- 24 March Births
- Children among at least 21 people ‘poisoned’ by 'gas' in Russian village
- Magura man ‘kills’ wife for dowry
- Women in Somalia defy strict rules to play football
- Prime minister visits Chittagong today
- Work efficiently to tap sea resources: PM asks navy
- Quota for FFs, their children, grandchildren to stay: PM
- Player accuses Australia's AFL of sexism
- Woman found dead in Narsingdi
- Teenager held for ‘raping’ Sunamganj minor girl