Three young men beat elderly woman to death
Published : 22 Oct 2017, 11:47
An elderly woman was beaten to death allegedly by three young men at Gopalpur village in Magura on Saturday night.
The deceased is Sekhela Begum, about 50 years old, wife of late Abdul Hakim of the village.
Police said three youths - Jinnat Hossain, Jihad and Alamin - of the same village called Sekhela’s son Daud Hossain, about 25 years old, a driver of rickshaw van, for taking a sick woman to hospital around 10:00 pm.
After his denial of going to hospital, they started beating him. The trio also beat Sekhela Begum mercilessly when she tried to save her son, leaving both of them injured, said Tarikul Islam, OC of Mohammadpur Police Station.
Later, they were taken to Mohammadpur Health Complex where duty doctor declared her dead. The body was sent to Magura hospital morgue for autopsy.
A case was filed. However, none was yet to be arrested.
- Most viewed
- Foods to gear up your metabolism
- Katy Perry in 'tough conversations' with her record label
- Priyanka Chopra lets go of her diet on her vacation!
- Strong Coast Guard important for world maritime security: US
- Committee formed to implement 9th wage board for journos: Tarana
- Indian girl dies after gang rapists rupture her lungs
- PM urges developed countries to stand beside Bangladesh
- 17 January Deaths
- 17 January Births
- Suu Kyi says Rohingya mass grave investigation positive step
- Angelina Jolie dating Cambodian rapper-filmmaker
- Here’s what’ll tickle your palette in 2018
- Brooke Shields to launch apparel, accessories line
- 'Govt will move ahead evaluating past'
- Try some homemade hair masks for coloured hair
- Mouth-related problems and their home remedies
- Canadian police say attack on girl who claimed a man cut her hijab ‘did not happen’
- ‘Zombie’ singer Dolores O’Riordan dies at 46