PM opens 4-day Digital World exposition
Published : 06 Dec 2017, 12:53
Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina on Wednesday inaugurated the four-day Digital World, the biggest ICT exposition in Bangladesh, at Bangabandhu International Conference Centre here with the slogan ‘Ready for Tomorrow’.
ICT Division in collaboration with Bangladesh Association of Software and Information Services (BASIS) organised the exposition.
State Minister for Information and Communication Technology (ICT) Zunaid Ahmed Palak, Chairman of the Parliamentary Standing Committee on Post, Telecom and Information Technology Ministry Imran Ahmed, BASIS President Mostafa Jabbar and Secretary of the Information and Communication Technology Division Subir Kishore Chowdhury were present at the inaugural session.
A good number of ministers from different countries, including Saudi Arabia, Afghanistan, the Philippines, Congo and the Maldives, are attending the fifth edition of Digital World.
Some 170 companies, including Google, Facebook, Motorola and Qualcomm, have signed up for the exposition.
Local entrepreneurs expect to receive the highest number of orders for software, e-commerce, gaming and mobile innovation related works this year.
About 400 exhibitors from home and abroad are attending the event. It will remain open from 10:00am to 8:00pm every day.
- Most viewed
- France-Croatia to fight for World Cup 2018 title tonight
- What you should know about Croatian President Kolinda Kitarovic
- Elizabeth's memorable encounters with US presidents
- Asif Akbar to act in movies
- PM asks SSF not to isolate her from people
- Bangladesh emerge all-win champions in Women's WT20 Qualifiers
- Putin, Macron, Kitarovic to watch World Cup final
- AL to fulfill pledges if voted to power again: Prime Minister
- US woman survives 7 days on radiator water after Jeep crash
- Prime Minister visits Pabna today
- 11 July Deaths
- Tigresses ensure participation of ICC World T20
- Bangladesh Tigress will face Scotland tonight
- Bangladesh women’s cricket team rout Netherlands by 7 wkts
- Teen arrested for dancing in Iran
- Six boys exit from Thai cave, Rescue operation underway
- No more ‘hot women’- FIFA wants fewer images of attractive female fans in stadiums
- 'Rescued 8 Thai boys in good mental, physical state'