MP’s daughter stabbed 2nd time in 8 months in Bagerhat
Published : 17 Dec 2017, 08:14
The daughter of Member of Parliament (MP) from female reserve seat Happy Boral, was stabbed to injuries by miscreants near Amlapara School of the district town on Saturday evening in Bagerhat.
The injured was Aditi Boral, 26, resident of Shaltola area of the town. This is second attempt on her in last eight months.
MP Happy Boral said that the miscreants attacked on them while she along with her daughter Aditi, was returning home around 6:30pm after attending a programme arranged marking Victory Day at Amlapara High School.
The miscreants stabbed Aditi in her abdomen and fled the scene.
Hearing them screaming, the locals rushed in and rescued the injured.
Later, the injured was admitted at Bagerhat Sadar Hospital.
The MP alleged that they were feeling insecure after his husband’s murder. But they did not get any help from the administration.
She also informed that her daughter came under a knife attack at their residence eight months ago. But law enforcers remained clueless as they could not nab anyone in this connection as yet.
Pankaj Chandra Roy, superintendent of Bagerhat Police, said that police are conducting drive in different areas of the town.
The MP’s husband, advocate Kalidas Boral, was shot dead by miscreants on August 20, 2000.
- Most viewed
- Don’t fret over conceiving with irregular periods
- Don’t overdo stress or make-up on wedding day
- Female Sherpa from Nepal scales new heights
- Get the smear out before cervical cancer conquers you
- Indian court paves way for 'Padmaavat’ all-India release on 25 Jan
- Woman killed in city road crash
- PM escapes 17 assassination plots, attacks: Law minister
- 20 January Deaths
- 20 January Births
- Suu Kyi says Rohingya mass grave investigation positive step
- Strong Coast Guard important for world maritime security: US
- Canadian police say attack on girl who claimed a man cut her hijab ‘did not happen’
- Committee formed to implement 9th wage board for journos: Tarana
- Pranab Mukherjee meets Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina
- Sri Lanka lifts 38-yr ban on women buying, selling alcohol
- PM urges developed countries to stand beside Bangladesh
- ‘Zombie’ singer Dolores O’Riordan dies at 46
- Singer Shammi Akhtar passes away