MP’s daughter stabbed 2nd time in 8 months in Bagerhat
Published : 17 Dec 2017, 08:14
The daughter of Member of Parliament (MP) from female reserve seat Happy Boral, was stabbed to injuries by miscreants near Amlapara School of the district town on Saturday evening in Bagerhat.
The injured was Aditi Boral, 26, resident of Shaltola area of the town. This is second attempt on her in last eight months.
MP Happy Boral said that the miscreants attacked on them while she along with her daughter Aditi, was returning home around 6:30pm after attending a programme arranged marking Victory Day at Amlapara High School.
The miscreants stabbed Aditi in her abdomen and fled the scene.
Hearing them screaming, the locals rushed in and rescued the injured.
Later, the injured was admitted at Bagerhat Sadar Hospital.
The MP alleged that they were feeling insecure after his husband’s murder. But they did not get any help from the administration.
She also informed that her daughter came under a knife attack at their residence eight months ago. But law enforcers remained clueless as they could not nab anyone in this connection as yet.
Pankaj Chandra Roy, superintendent of Bagerhat Police, said that police are conducting drive in different areas of the town.
The MP’s husband, advocate Kalidas Boral, was shot dead by miscreants on August 20, 2000.
- Most viewed
- Rana Plaza was a man-made disaster: Rushanara Ali
- Cooper, Gaga’s pact for ‘A Star Is Born’
- A four day Baul and Vaishnav music festival will begin on 28 April in East London
- Abducted minor girl rescued from Cox’s Bazar, 2 held
- Rape accused killed in Chattogram ‘gunfight’
- Sania Mirza, Shoaib Malik expecting first child
- Hasina to receive global women leadership award
- ‘Dead’ baby finally dies
- Justice demanded on Rana Plaza anniversary
- 1st female BD photographer selected for Joop Swart Masterclass
- Queen tips Prince Charles to follow her as Commonwealth head
- Spread history and legacy of Mujibnagar govt: Muna Tasneem
- PM returns home from London
- PM calls for Commonwealth’s comprehensive reform
- Amorous couples, sex workers whipped in Indonesia's Aceh
- PM exchanges greetings with British Queen
- 3 resident students of DU hall brought back
- Ostrich chicks, gold ornaments seized in Satkhira