Cop beats up wife as she resists drug taking
Published : 11 Jan 2018, 14:22
A police officer allegedly beat up his wife and locked her into their rented flat in Talbagh area of Savar municipality on Wednesday after being resisted by her to take drugs.
The victim is Razia Sultana Nila, 24, wife of sub-inspector of Savar DB police Badrudduza Mahmud, hailing from Laxmipur, said Mohsinul Qadir, officer-in-charge of Savar Model Police Station.
After hearing moaning, neighbours rescued Nila and rushed her to Savar Upazila Health Complex, he added.
The victim’s body bore several injury marks, according to duty doctor at the hospital.
Immediate after the incident, the police officer went into hiding, the OC said.
While talking to UNB, Nila alleged that her husband used to take drugs. As she barred him from taking drugs, he beat up her severely, she said.
A F M Sayed, officer-in-charge of Dhaka (North) DB, said Badrudduza Mahmud has been transferred to Chittagong Police Lines from Savar as several allegations were found against him.
Earlier, Badrudduza worked as a sub-inspector of Dhaka (North) Detective Branch of police.
Process is on to file a case in this connection.
- Most viewed
- Hillary Clinton out of politics, star of GOP midterm plan
- ‘A Quiet Place’ rules US box office
- US envoy: Trump leads on N. Korea as G7 ministers meet
- PM returns home from London
- 23 April Events
- 23 April Deaths
- 23 April Births
- Saudi women's fitness centre shut over 'indecent' video
- Teenage girl loses leg in Banani road accident
- Bollywood celebs protest to seek justice for rape victims
- 1st female BD photographer selected for Joop Swart Masterclass
- Queen tips Prince Charles to follow her as Commonwealth head
- Spread history and legacy of Mujibnagar govt: Muna Tasneem
- PM calls for Commonwealth’s comprehensive reform
- Amorous couples, sex workers whipped in Indonesia's Aceh
- PM exchanges greetings with British Queen
- 3 resident students of DU hall brought back
- Ostrich chicks, gold ornaments seized in Satkhira