Magura teenage girl ‘kills self’ for smartphone
Published : 19 Jan 2018, 12:30
A teenage girl allegedly committed suicide at Parnanduali village in sadar upazila following family feud over buying a smartphone on Thursday night.
The deceased was identified as Mita Khatun, daughter of Hasain Sheikh, a resident of Parnanduali village.
Quoting family members, police said Mita, a 1st year student of Magura Govt Mohila College, demanded a smartphone from her father.
As Mita’s tea seller father Hasan Sheikh couldn’t fulfill the demand due to poverty she locked into an altercation with him on Thursday night.
Family members entered her room breaking open the door only to see her hanging from the ceiling in the morning, said officer-in-charge of Magura Sadar Police Station Ilias Hossian.
An unnatural death case was filed in this connection, the OC added.
- Most viewed
- Nation set to pay homage to language martyrs
- Air fryer – ‘Zero’ oil frying
- Emma donates 1 million pounds for victims of sexual harassment
- Keep every child alive, says Unicef
- Maintain distinctive characters of Bangla: PM
- 21 eminent citizens receive Ekushey Padak
- Trump blasts Oprah
- 20 February Deaths
- 20 February Births
- Open Access Movement for Open Data, Education and Research
- Make everyday of your life Valentine’s Day with your sweetheart
- Oru Adaar Love special teaser starring Priya Prakash is out (video)
- Woman who got attention by giving birth to 7 kids has died
- Court takes charges into cognizance over assaulting woman by policemen
- Jennifer Aniston, Justin Theroux separate
- At least 17 killed in US school shooting
- 21 women raped, assaulted on public transport in 13 months: Report
- Youth to die for killing Sherpur housewife