Magura teenage girl ‘kills self’ for smartphone
Published : 19 Jan 2018, 12:30
A teenage girl allegedly committed suicide at Parnanduali village in sadar upazila following family feud over buying a smartphone on Thursday night.
The deceased was identified as Mita Khatun, daughter of Hasain Sheikh, a resident of Parnanduali village.
Quoting family members, police said Mita, a 1st year student of Magura Govt Mohila College, demanded a smartphone from her father.
As Mita’s tea seller father Hasan Sheikh couldn’t fulfill the demand due to poverty she locked into an altercation with him on Thursday night.
Family members entered her room breaking open the door only to see her hanging from the ceiling in the morning, said officer-in-charge of Magura Sadar Police Station Ilias Hossian.
An unnatural death case was filed in this connection, the OC added.
- Most viewed
- Student, Trolled For Selling Fish, Donates Rs. 1.5 Lakh For Flood Aid
- Saudi feminists launch online radio
- Child passive smoking 'risk adult diseases'
- 16 nurses get pregnant at Arizona hospital
- The 18th Asian Games got off to a glorious start
- Girls' supremacy finally over
- Priyanka Chopra, Nick Jonas are officially engaged
- Huma Qureshi didn’t care about working with Khans
- Woman commits suicide after ‘stabbing husband’ in city
- Williams rebounds from worst loss to advance in Cincy tennis
- Sheikh Hasina to inaugurate 23 bridges, Fatehpur Railway Overpass
- BD beat Nepal 3-0 to emerge group top in SAFF U-15 Women’s championship
- U-15 girls take on Bhutan in SAFF semi
- SAFF U-15 girls reach final beating Bhutan 5-0
- Caned by headmaster, schoolgirl kills self
- Antibiotic resistance genes in air pose threat to human health: Study
- Nation observes National Mourning Day today
- Prime Minister pays homage to Bangabandhu in Tungipara