Magura teenage girl ‘kills self’ for smartphone
Published : 19 Jan 2018, 12:30
A teenage girl allegedly committed suicide at Parnanduali village in sadar upazila following family feud over buying a smartphone on Thursday night.
The deceased was identified as Mita Khatun, daughter of Hasain Sheikh, a resident of Parnanduali village.
Quoting family members, police said Mita, a 1st year student of Magura Govt Mohila College, demanded a smartphone from her father.
As Mita’s tea seller father Hasan Sheikh couldn’t fulfill the demand due to poverty she locked into an altercation with him on Thursday night.
Family members entered her room breaking open the door only to see her hanging from the ceiling in the morning, said officer-in-charge of Magura Sadar Police Station Ilias Hossian.
An unnatural death case was filed in this connection, the OC added.
- Most viewed
- What to eat to stay full during Ramadan
- Worried about high cholesterol levels? Avoid foods full of trans fats
- Bangabandhu Satellite will benefit broadcasting industry: Tarana
- Bangladesh being built with Nazrul’s non-communal spirit: PM
- Ireland: Exit polls predict win for repealing abortion ban
- Housewife strangulated to death in Satkhira
- Facebook, Twitter to introduce new guidelines for political ads
- PM Hasina receives D.Litt from Nazrul University at Asansol
- 4 kids drown in Cox’s Bazar, Bagerhat
- You'll Never Believe How Tasty Healthy Pancakes Can Be
- Khulna City mayor calls on Prime Minister
- Prime Minister talks tough against drugs
- World needs to care about Rohingyas: Priyanka Chopra
- Woman gives birth to world’s seventh ‘mermaid baby’
- 9 die due to Nipah virus outbreak in India
- The Simple Things That Can Easily Lift Your Mood Up
- True grit Sharapova back at French Open with point to prove
- Actress Tazin Ahmed passes away due to heart attack