Woman killed in city road crash
Published : 20 Jan 2018, 15:17
A woman was killed in a road accident near Malibagh bazar in the capital of Dhaka on Saturday morning.
The deceased was identified as Runa Aktar, 32, wife of Bachchu Mia of Kalipur in Madaripur sadar upazila.
Sub-inspector of Rampura Police Station Dulal said a bus of “Ramjan Paribahan” hit the woman while she was crossing the road near the bazar around 9 am.
The body was sent to Dhaka Medical College and Hospital for autopsy.
Police seized the bus but its driver and his assistant managed to flee.
- Most viewed
- No cell phones at Deepika, Ranveer destination wedding
- Nick Jonas reaches India for engagement bash with Priyanka
- How Jacqueline lost Bharat to Katrina
- Youth found dead at Chattogram hotel
- Aretha Franklin made ‘Respect’ a feminist anthem
- Caned by headmaster, schoolgirl kills self
- Woman held in city for ‘spreading rumour on Facebook’
- Bangladesh won’t see killers reign again: PM
- Prime minister says Khaleda too involved in 15 Aug coup
- Williams rebounds from worst loss to advance in Cincy tennis
- Sheikh Hasina to inaugurate 23 bridges, Fatehpur Railway Overpass
- BD beat Nepal 3-0 to emerge group top in SAFF U-15 Women’s championship
- U-15 girls take on Bhutan in SAFF semi
- Antibiotic resistance genes in air pose threat to human health: Study
- Prime Minister pays homage to Bangabandhu in Tungipara
- Nation observes National Mourning Day today
- President, PM pay homage to Bangabandhu
- SAFF U-15 girls reach final beating Bhutan 5-0