Woman killed in city road crash
Published : 20 Jan 2018, 15:17
A woman was killed in a road accident near Malibagh bazar in the capital of Dhaka on Saturday morning.
The deceased was identified as Runa Aktar, 32, wife of Bachchu Mia of Kalipur in Madaripur sadar upazila.
Sub-inspector of Rampura Police Station Dulal said a bus of “Ramjan Paribahan” hit the woman while she was crossing the road near the bazar around 9 am.
The body was sent to Dhaka Medical College and Hospital for autopsy.
Police seized the bus but its driver and his assistant managed to flee.
- Most viewed
- Are smoothies good for your diet? Here’s what experts have to say
- Ending the option of carrying a child is about taking control of the body
- Facebook, Twitter not affecting face-to-face contact with friends
- Tinder’s new feature to give more power to women
- Why you can’t get enough of your favourite songs
- How asthma may affect your chances of pregnancy
- Recipe: Shahi Paneer, simply delicious
- Sara Ali Khan to make Bollywood debut with Ranveer Singh?
- ‘Descendants 3’ to be out in 2019
- Make everyday of your life Valentine’s Day with your sweetheart
- Prime Minister to meet Pope today
- Woman who got attention by giving birth to 7 kids has died
- Oru Adaar Love special teaser starring Priya Prakash is out (video)
- Court takes charges into cognizance over assaulting woman by policemen
- Pahela Falgun brings colour in life
- Cellphone use near SSC exam centres banned
- 21 women raped, assaulted on public transport in 13 months: Report
- PM urges development partners to invest in rural economies