Woman killed in city road crash
Published : 20 Jan 2018, 15:17
A woman was killed in a road accident near Malibagh bazar in the capital of Dhaka on Saturday morning.
The deceased was identified as Runa Aktar, 32, wife of Bachchu Mia of Kalipur in Madaripur sadar upazila.
Sub-inspector of Rampura Police Station Dulal said a bus of “Ramjan Paribahan” hit the woman while she was crossing the road near the bazar around 9 am.
The body was sent to Dhaka Medical College and Hospital for autopsy.
Police seized the bus but its driver and his assistant managed to flee.
- Most viewed
- Traditional Ramadan Drinks with a Twist?
- Bangladesh-India to continue trend of cooperation in future: PM
- PM Hasina, Indian PM Modi inaugurate ‘Bangladesh Bhaban’ at Shantiniketan
- Only 1/5 of displaced Rohingyas’ needs funded: UNFPA
- Hasina, Modi to inaugurate Bangladesh Bhaban today
- PM Hasina in Santiniketan on a two-day visit to Kolkata
- PM Hasina talks to ailing Mahmoud Abbas over phone
- Priyanka asks world to learn from Bangladesh
- PM Sheikh Hasina left Dhaka for Kolkata
- Kamala Bhattacharya: First female martyr in Bengali Language Movement
- 10 killed in Texas school shooting
- More than 100 killed in Cuba Plane crash (Video)
- Lack of awareness, support pushes up suicide incidents in BD: Expert
- Siam plays Salman Shah for ‘Poramon 2’
- Two teenage ethnic girls found dead
- Sheikh Hasina, Modi to meet in Santiniketan
- Chun leads rain-hit Kingsmill Championship by one shot
- You'll Never Believe How Tasty Healthy Pancakes Can Be